We are looking to hire a dynamic and passionate Clinician who is client centered, community focused and is a self-starter.
Come be part of a team who CAR2Es! At North County Lifeline, you will find people who are Connected to the communities we serve, Authentic, and Resourceful. We are Responsive to the needs of our clients and Engaged in our mission to build self-reliance among youth, adults, and families.
Under the direction of the Youth Development Director, working in a team effort coordinated by the Youth Development Clinical Program Manager to provide comprehensive case management, counseling and educational services to at-risk 12 to 17 year old youth and their families participating in the Family Functional Therapy (FFT) program. Services include, but are not limited to, in-home support, parent training, crisis intervention, counseling, case management, and community education and development. Clinician will participate in multi-disciplinary team assessments with Probation, the Juvenile Court, Juvenile Recovery Specialists, social workers, parents, parent advocates and others to help determine eligibility for potential youth participants.
Requirements and Qualifications
Minimum qualifications of MA level education in the areas of Psychology, Social Work, or related field; two years experience providing services to youth and families or equivalent; and current registration with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) of California. Bilingual preferred. Candidate must possess the ability to make sound clinical decisions independently. Must be able to apply clinical judgment, ethics and accountability to formulate and implement treatment plans and other clinical documentation. Experience in Family Functional Therapy model preferred. Demonstrates the ability to handle stressful and crisis situations tactfully and appropriately. Strictly adheres to the principles and practices of the counseling profession as elucidated by the Board of Behavioral Sciences. Demonstrates the ability to practice a wide variety of treatment modalities, and to exercise discretion and independent judgment in all areas of job performance including adherence to appropriate professional boundaries. Demonstrates strong leadership qualities, including but not limited to conflict management skills and inter-agency and intra-agency collaborative skills. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. Off-site counseling requires own transportation. Willingness to use personal vehicle in the course of employment (mileage reimbursed).
Compensation and Benefits
Your well-being matters at North County Lifeline!
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays (13 days)
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture coverage
- Free health and wellness programs
- Free Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Great employee incentive award programs
- Training and education assistance
- Matched 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Menu of optional benefits, including short term disability, critical illness, accident, hospitalization and cancer policy
Pay Range Salary will commensurate with experience and education. Differential pay offered for bilingual skills.
- Conduct comprehensive mental health assessments
- Develop and implement strength-based individual and family case plans, in collaboration with Case Manager
- Fulfill all requirements to become certified in FFT in the time allotted
- Address oppositional behaviors, conduct disorders, and other delinquency issues including substance abuse and violent behaviors utilizing Family Functional Therapy
- Provide crisis intervention and stabilization
- Works to create a motivational environment in the family in which change can occur
- Identifies dysfunctional relational patterns and creates relevant interventions
- Identifies and strengthens positive adaptive interactions, utilizing FFT strategies and techniques
- Attend training in the unique aspects of the culture, common family dynamics, or frequently seen issues of clients in program
- Provide therapy sessions with fidelity to the FFT model
- Case conference in coordination with other mental health professionals including psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and others
- Provide in-home family support, case management and treatment (e.g. nutrition, budgeting, safety, home health and support systems, appropriate referrals)
- Advocate, mentor and role-model skills for families such as discipline, communication and general life skills
- Conduct specific groups as necessary (e.g. parenting support groups, decision-making, substance abuse, anger management and life skills)
- Assist in career guidance, job skills and job placement for youth
- Provide assistance with community resources through advocacy, information and direct connections
- Conduct exit interview with family within 30 days of family’s final FFT session
- Participate in component meetings and trainings
- Maintain necessary client records and statistics, and submit timely monthly reports
- Participate in case supervision and program evaluation
- Participate in quality assurance review
- Provide administrative duties and meet all contract requirements
- Knowledge of and respect for diverse cultures
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Demands/ Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be exposed in an extremely stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. Travel is required to the schools /client homes. Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee will be required to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer.
FT 40 hours per week- Monday – Friday - Flexible hours- may include evenings