The Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank is currently hiring a FEED Coordinator to expand a proven pilot project that is aimed to enhance the equity and dignity of the emergency food assistance network. Under the guiding principal that our clients are at the center of all our work, FEED will provide holistic and coordinated intervention and services to improve the health and opportunities of San Diego's residents facing food insecurity.
ABOUT THE SAN DIEGO FOOD BANK
Established in 1977, the Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank is a critical component to the welfare of San Diego County, providing nutritious food to people in need, advocating for the hungry and educating the public about hunger-related issues. For more information about the organization, please visit www.sandiegofoodbank.org.
Agency Capacity & Education:
- Improve the equity and dignity of food distributions through implementation of a database at food pantries and emergency food assistance site providers.
- Build agency capacity and implement infrastructure changes through brainstorming sessions, training, and support to reduce client wait times to 20 minutes or less to receive food.
- Provide assistance with implementing an online client intake platform and database. This includes training, onsite support, assistance with client-intake and volunteer recruitment for the project and supervision of ongoing use. Continued support of partners already using the database.
- Provide assistance with implementing an appointment system at partner agency sites. This includes onsite training and supervision during the implementation phase.
Integrating Other Services:
- Educating nonprofit partners on the benefits of 2-1-1 San Diego’s Community Information Exchange (CIE) database, process for consenting clients into CIE, and procedures to adhere to.
- Recruit, train and oversee volunteers for the initial implementation at each site.
Meetings and Communication:
- Facilitate meetings with nonprofit partners and in group settings to actively engage agencies in process changes and enhance services.
- Maintain notes from all meetings pertaining to the project, including sending out action items and regularly following up with Food Bank staff on pending items.
- Accurately track outcome measures on a monthly basis.
- Contribute to required reports regarding program outcomes.
- Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings as scheduled.
- Evening or weekend work as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will highly skilled in problem-solving and technology. Person must be comfortable with public speaking and working in an environment with multiple and changing priorities. Someone who is a self-starter and has the ability to work through solutions both individually and as a team.
- Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel and Word), and general computer proficiency
- General knowledge of non-profit organizational practices
- Basic understanding of public assistance programs and poverty
- A professional demeanor with an aptitude for analytical thinking and problem solving
- Accurate and detail-oriented, posses strong organizational and time management skills and must possess the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a complex and face paced environment
Monday to Friday; some weekends might be included. Work schedule upon discussion with the manager.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position that will work 40 hours a week. The compensation for this position will range from $17.00-17.50 per hour based on experience. The compensation package includes an excellent benefits package including: 403(b) plan with 200% employer matching; excellent health care coverage with free employee medical, dental and vision plans; company paid term life insurance; and a generous accrual of paid vacation and sick leave.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should apply on our career website located at (https://www.theapplicantmanager.com/careers?co=jc). Submissions missing either the cover letter or resume will not be considered for the position.