The Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank is currently hiring a Food Center Warehouse Assistant in our Food Center to assist in a wide variety of warehouse functions in support of the San Diego Food Bank's operations.
The Food Center Warehouse Assistant in our Food Center is a key figure in the overall success of the Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank’s operations. The eligible candidate serves as an assistant to the Food Center Supervisor. In this role, the Food Center Warehouse Assistant will help manage internal inventory controls and will assist with incoming deliveries through pallet placement. This position will work with the operations department to set workplace organization.
This position will support all programs in the warehouse by preparing allocations, organizing product, and maintain warehouse conditions. Additionally, the position performs other related warehouse duties such as:
- Assists in the warehouse to maintain a clean and orderly condition
- Revolves stock as needed
- Assists with cooler and freezer organization
- Assists with completing inventory cycle counts
- Assists in the salvage area to keep products moving as needed for the shopping area and prevent a back-log of products in that area
- Operates forklifts, trucks and other equipment utilized in the storage and delivery of food supplies
The Food Center Warehouse Assistant operates and maintains scrubber machines, push sweepers, pressure washers, manual pallet jacks, and other equipment to properly sanitize the warehouse premises, trucks, and equipment. The individual will perform related manual labor tasks as necessary. This position is frequently required to kneel, stoop, bend, climb or balance; lift up to 65 pounds and occasionally lift up to 150 pounds.
The Food Center Warehouse Assistant is responsible for disposing of trash, boxes and pallets, cleaning receptacles, transferring recycling materials to appropriate bins, and performing general building maintenance as needed to keep the warehouse in a clean and orderly condition.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Standard materials, supplies, parts and tools used in a large food product warehousing and distribution facility.
- Stock and inventory control procedures, including requisitioning, receiving, storing and issuing goods.
- Record keeping and filing systems as it relates to warehouse operations.
- Standard warehouse equipment, including forklifts and trucks as it relates to warehouse operations.
- Safe work practices applicable to operation of warehouse equipment.
- Operate a computer and standard business software, as well as inventory tracking software.
- Accurately and efficiently carry out inventory control practices and procedures.
- Use diplomacy in dealing with sensitive situations and concerned individuals with some supervision from the Food Center Coordinator.
- Manage several priorities at once.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of a variety of records.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with staff and others.
EDUCATION, TRAINING and EXPERIENCE
A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outline above is from [insert education]; and [insert # years] of progressively A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outline above is graduation from a high school or G.E.D. equivalent; and at least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in performing stores and warehousing duties; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- A valid California Driver’s License
- Forklift Certified, a plus
This is a full-time, non-exempt and benefited position. The compensation package includes a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including: 403(b) plan with 200% employer matching; excellent health care coverage with free employee medical, dental and vision plans; company paid term life insurance; and a generous accrual of paid vacation and sick leave. Pay rate will be dependent on experience.
This is a full-time, non-exempt and benefited position. The schedule will be from Monday to Friday, occasional weekend or as needed. The hours will be from 7 am to 3 pm (1 hour unpaid break).
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should apply on our career website located at (https://www.theapplicantmanager.com/careers?co=jc). Submissions missing a resume will not be considered for the position.