Do you want to join a dynamic team that is helping individuals who are dealing with trauma and PTSD? Healing Wave Aquatics is the only non-profit in the nation dedicated to providing a healing program of aquatic therapy to military service members and veterans with post-traumatic stress, as well as their caregivers. The Fundraising & Marketing Manager will report to the Executive Director.
The Fundraising & Marketing Manager will fulfill an important role on our team and be a partner to the Executive Director. Key responsibilities include: development of a strategic philanthropy plan, annual fundraising campaigns, capital campaign, grants management, donor engagement, as well as oversight of marketing and communications.
The successful candidate will have excellent writing and presentation skills, strategic planning skills, relationship building skills, and a demonstrated track record in fundraising and marketing.
- Manage philanthropy planning and implementation
- Grants: research funding opportunities
- Research donors and funding opportunities
- Write and submit grant proposals
- Track program compliance with donor requirements
- Prepare reports and thank you letters
- Maintain an annual calendar of grant opportunities and progress
- Coordinate and conduct fundraising events with staff and committee members
- Develop budgets for contributions and fundraising activities with Executive Director
- Research companies and organizations for sponsorship opportunities;
- Create sponsorship decks for events and offer opportunities for various levels of engagement
- Strategize efforts to cultivate current donors, attract new donors, and generate lead gifts
- Cultivate and maintain relationships between donors, board and staff
- Organize and keep current documentation on donors and prospects
- Track donation trends, and prepare reports through our donor software database.
- Work with Wellness Specialist to assure compliance with protocols and funding requests
- Participate in aquatic therapy and meet with practitioners for reporting and communications
- Manage marketing, media, communications and social media
- Lead the preparation/distribution of press releases, newsletters
- Work with Executive Director to create marketing materials
- Review website and update content as needed
- Assist with brand roll-out for Healing Wave Aquatics
- Assist in representing organization to the public, donors, press and partners
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- Exceptional written and verbal communications. A writing sample is required.
- Interest in behavioral health, wellness and supporting traumatized individuals
- Proven attention to detail, high level of organization, ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with team members;
- Creative, strategic and problem-solver
- Demonstrated initiative and the tenacity to see tasks through to completion;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and discretion about confidential matters;
- Demonstrated commitment to our mission and purpose.
This is a full time position with 40 hours per week (FTE). Benefits include: flexible scheduling, 26 total days of time off (13 holidays and 13 days of PTO), reimbursement of health care insurance costs, and one complimentary aquatic therapy float session annually. Occasional evenings and weekends required.
To apply: submit resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Starting July 12, we will move to a hybrid work schedule with 12 hours in the office per week (3 days at 4 hours per day). We follow all CDC and State guidelines for COVID-19 precautions. We also follow all rules and procedures of the United Way.
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.