Fundraising Development Assistant
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed administrative professional to join our Development team. The position is Full Time (40 hours a week) with occasional weekend or evening events. Non-Exempt, Wage $16.00-18.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Who We Are:
We are a beautiful non-profit residential community licensed by the State of California serving adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities located in Spring Valley, California. There are 90 residents we like to call "the folks" that chose a home at Noah Homes to call their own. Noah Homes is an oasis of peace as well as a hub of activity, offering residents and staff continued opportunities for personal growth and fulfillment. Also, a big part of our commitment is to provide a safe environment not only for our residents, but for our employees and visitors, so we follow all the protocol and guidelines from the CDC and HHS to prevent the spread of Covid-19 among our community. The folks are our inspiration in action, helping us to understand how we can best support all people with developmental disabilities and their families.
The position's responsibilities:
Under the general guidance of the Director of Philanthropy, this position will provide administrative and event support to the Development team, as well as help raise awareness and garner support for Noah Homes through communications and relationship building with board members, family members, volunteers, community advocates, and others connected with Noah Homes, the Noah's Ark Angel Foundation and any other associated organizations.
- Handle all administrative details associated with committee meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.).
- Handle logistics and coordination of meeting needs for DOP (i.e. pick up food, set up room, prepare materials, etc.). Coordinate travel logistics as needed.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence in a timely manner.
- Maintain individual prospect and donor files.
- Maintain data integrity within database records with regular audits, updates and corrections.
- Maintain guest lists, name tags, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for events.
- Assist Development team with fundraising and culture events.
- Assist the Development team with stewardship (i.e. birthday cards, holiday gifts, impact reports).
- Create content for social media messaging and online giving campaigns.
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Coordinate and manage volunteers, jobs and assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) including experience management of an electronic calendar and inbox.
- Experience with Salsa, Raiser's Edge or another nonprofit CRM a plus.
- Experience with Volgistics software, preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable with routinely shifting demands.
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, residents, volunteers and community partners.
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Reliable, trustworthy, and committed to the team's success.
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Ability to proactively address potential issues.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
What We Offer:
Low cost Medical and Dental insurance.
No cost Life Insurance-$15,000.
Matching Pension Plan.
403b Retirement plan.
Vision reimbursement plan.
Supplemental insurance: Cancer, Accident, Hospital, Life, etc.
Voluntary Life insurance (Guaranteed $60k w/o evidence of insurability).
Vacation, Sick pay, and paid Holidays.
- Ability to create and maintain a harmonious work environment.
- U.S. work authorized.
- Able to pass criminal background check, physical (medical) exam, drug screen.
- Active Drivers License.
- Mandatory COVID vaccination policy; allowing for medical and/or sincerely held religious belief exemptions.
Noah Homes is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran or disability status. For additional information of EEO practices, please go to https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/index.cfm.