Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) is looking for a Grant Writer who is responsible for the identification of funding opportunities and the development, writing and submission of major grant proposals. Efforts will be primarily focused on, but not limited to, significant programmatic and research funding opportunities from federal, state, local, and private sources.
- Assist in development and coordinate the completion of funder-compliant programmatic budgets, in conjunction with program and accounting staff.
- Assist program staff in designing programmatic and/or research activities so that objectives and goals align with funder interests and past funding patterns and practices.
- Create compelling, persuasive, well-structured grant narratives through the use of effective storytelling, relevant data, and superior prose—while effectively tying FHCSD's needs to funder priorities.
- Identify and develop strategic relationships for grant partnerships. Participate in collaborative efforts with universities, agencies, projects, and entities as a representative of FHCSD in the context of proposal development activities.
- Lead and coordinate the researching, development, writing, packaging and submission of grant proposals.
- Maintain and contribute to data organization systems, including departmental databases. Update and contribute to shared team resources.
- Undertake internal and external research to identify funding sources as well as gather statistical, analytical and anecdotal data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the skills, knowledge and ability to perform the essential job duties, and which meets any required state or federal certification requirements.
- *M.A., M.S., MPH, and/or dual degree with writing plus science emphasis preferred.
- 2 years minimum experience in proposal development required.
- 2 + years proposal development experience in a FQHC or other non-profit health context preferred.
- Experience developing proposals related to research grant writing preferred.
- Recent experience with NIH, PCORI, and/or AHRQ grants preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with governmental grant submissions especially HRSA EHB, grants.gov, Grant Solutions and similar interfaces required.
- Must meet organized driving requirements.
- Job type: Regular Full Time
- Competitive Salary with Excellent Benefits
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave and Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/FSA/Life Insurance
- Employee Discounts and Wellness Programs
FHCSD was founded by community activists working towards a common goal: caring, affordable, high-quality medical care for all. We are proud to continue this mission today as we provide accessible services to over 210,000 patients across San Diego County. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to community medicine and providing culturally competent care to the medically underserved.