The Grants and Institutional Giving Coordinator assists the Development Department in achieving the agency’s fundraising goals by supporting the organization’s foundation, corporate, and government grant program, including writing grant proposals, submitting grant reports, and stewarding relationships with new institutional giving prospects.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the mission of Mama’s Kitchen; possess a collaborative spirit and enjoy an open work setting; and incorporate the highest levels of ethics and professionalism.
1. Grant Writing
• Research, write and submit corporate, government, and foundation grant proposals.
• Prepare, maintain and update annual grant calendar.
• Develop and maintain grant bench-marking system to track grant status and progress toward funding goals.
• Prepare semi-monthly progress reports for Director of Development.
• Maintain foundation files, attachments, budgets and all necessary data needed for grant processes. Update Raiser’s Edge donor management software with contacts, proposal history, and call/meeting notes to facilitate sharing of institutional knowledge.
2. Grant Reporting
• Submit interim and final grant reports as required by funders.
• Ensure all grant reporting requirements are met.
• Submit final reports as needed for stewardship, even when not required.
3. Foundation Research and Stewardship
• Conduct research on new foundation giving prospects with a shared interest in the work and mission of Mama’s Kitchen.
• Assist with tours of our kitchen, provide program updates, and build relationships with donors and foundation leadership.
• Support the development and implement of key strategies to grow Mama’s Kitchen foundation giving base.
4. Data Analysis
• Create reports and analyze client and meal data including number of clients served, number of meals provided, and demographic information management software for grant and funder reporting.
• Work with the Senior Director of Strategy and Bilingual Community Outreach Manager to track and analyze Mama’s Kitchen client data to support grant goals and program success.
• Work with the Donor Stewardship and Government Relations Manager to analyze client data by zip code, city and neighborhood.
5. Corporate Partnership
• As a key steward of corporate partners, support Mama’s Kitchen Corporate Group Volunteer Program.
• Develop and implement key strategies to grow Mama’s Kitchen’s workplace giving and workplace matching gift revenue streams.
6. Provide support at Mama’s Kitchen fundraising events including Mama’s Day, Tree of Life, and Mama’s Pies.
7. Perform other administrative and fundraising duties as needed by the Development team.
Other Duties: As assigned by the Director of Development
1. Preferred bachelor’s degree, with major in English, writing, nonprofit management, business, communications, or a related field.
2. Preferred 2 years’ experience in fundraising and/or grant writing.
3. Intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel.
4. Working knowledge of Outlook, and PowerPoint.
5. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and/or Airtable and/or Classy a plus.
6. Must be organized and detail oriented.
7. Ability to exercise excellent judgement and prioritization of responsibilities.
8. Comfortable with public speaking.
9. Comfortable working with volunteers and staff from diverse walks of life.
10. Ability to work in multi-person multi-activity office space.
11. Demonstrable compatibility with the core values of Mama’s Kitchen.
12. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
At Mama’s Kitchen, we envision a community where all individuals with critical illnesses are no longer vulnerable to malnutrition.
Mama’s Kitchen believes that everyone is entitled to the basic necessity of life – nutritious food. Our services improve the health and well-being of individuals and families vulnerable to malnutrition due to critical illness.
Mama’s Kitchen Core Values
Dignity and Respect: Focus on the individual is at the heart of everything we do at Mama’s Kitchen. Mama’s Kitchen fosters a community where mutual respect and dignity are preserved by promoting humanity, compassion and empathy towards our clients, donors, volunteers and staff.
Reliability: Mama’s Kitchen is resourceful, efficient, and flexible. Our clients tell us that reliability is what sets Mama’s apart from other organizations.
Integrity: Guided by honesty, loyalty and a commitment to confidentiality, Mama’s Kitchen is responsive to the needs of all our clients, volunteers, donors and staff. We pride ourselves in doing what we say we are going to do.
Diversity: Mama’s Kitchen is an all-inclusive family. We foster a welcoming environment and embrace all members of the community without judgment.
Team Work: Mutual effort and unity are the ingredients that allow our mission to succeed.
Mama’s Kitchen has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Please send Resume and cover letter to email@example.com