The Arc of San Diego is the largest, most comprehensive provider of services to children and adults with disabilities in San Diego County.
We are a diverse team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about serving and empowering children and adults to live their most fulfilling and independent lives.
We live by our Person First, Person Centered value system to create meaningful days for our clients and each other. In hiring, we look for candidates that are a strong addition to our culture, as well as bring the talent and experience required by the position. We offer a positive, team-oriented work environment with opportunity for professional growth and continuous learning, and the chance to make an impact on someone’s life in a meaningful way.
We are currently hiring a Program Manager to join our team. You will provide leadership and direction to a team providing training to clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities. You ensure a safe work environment, and act as a representative with internal and external partners. You will be responsible for approximately 200 individuals at a range of locations around San Diego County. This is an excellent growth opportunity for you to exhibit your leadership capabilities in overseeing our group employment program.
Who you are:
- A hands-on leader with a passion for providing meaningful days for staff and individuals receiving services
- Take pride in demonstrating person centered approaches and accountability in an inclusive team
- A strong advocate with active observation skills for the rights and best interests of adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities
- An administrator who enjoys using data to tell the story of services provided and effectively manages programs and people
A typical day will include:
- Supervises, coaches and mentors staff providing guidance to their work and learning, including when necessary, corrective/disciplinary action in a timely and professional manner
- Maintaining licensing standards as a quality choice provider
- Overseeing the development and implementation of Individual Support Plans designed to enhance personal growth and independence for program participants
- Maintaining, reviewing and analyzing data, tracking to ensure all case management and documentation meets quality standards
- Assessing effectiveness of authorized hours through service delivery and staff performance; compiles outcome measurement reports
- Reviewing and ensuring budget adherence
- Liaison with regulatory agencies and Center Chapter Board
- Conduct new participant intake process; maintain program capacity attendance
What you’ll need to be successful:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with coursework applicable to the social services field AND 2 years professional experience working with people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities
- Alternately, NO Degree AND 6 years professional experience working with people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Have experience with an electronic case management system (Therap preferred)
- Have experience with individual service plans (person centered goal development)
- Are comfortable in multiple software systems AND in manual processes
- Valid CA Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Immediate access to vehicle with working seatbelts to transport participants
We’d love it if you:
- Are knowledgeable of SDRC & DOR referral and funding procedures
- Are multi-lingual (English, Spanish, Tagalog)
- Are certified as a CPR / First Aid Instructor
The Arc of San Diego is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have a strict policy against harassment and retaliation of any type and are dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Our goal is to provide a work environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation as well as other disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on any protected class: race (including natural hairstyles), color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, age (40 and over), medical condition, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex (including sexual harassment, sex stereotypes and pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information/ characteristics, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic or activity protected by law.
We also prohibit discrimination, harassment, retaliation, disrespectful or unprofessional conduct based on the perception that anyone has any of the above characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived to have any of those characteristics.
The Arc of San Diego is a federal subcontractor and shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The Arc of San Diego will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified candidates with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If candidates need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition, they should contact the Head of Human Resources.