An exciting opportunity to join the Resident Services Program at City Heights Community Development Corporation is now available. City Heights CDC is a 501(C)3 non-profit organization in the City Heights community of San Diego with a mission to enhance the quality of life in City Heights by working with our community to create and sustain quality affordable housing and livable neighborhoods and foster economic self-sufficiency.
- Provide academic support, activities, and supervision of youth in grades K-12
- Provide information, referrals, advocacy, and case management services to individuals and families in crisis or in need of social, educational, and/or employment services living in our affordable housing properties
- Assist in the supervision and retention of volunteers
- Promote and encourage civic engagement through trainings and linkages to other community initiatives, especially those involving affordable housing, safety, and neighborhood improvement
- Operate the emergency food pantry, bi-weekly food distributions, and senior meal delivery
- Assist with identifying funding sources
- Additional duties as assigned
- Commitment to the mission of the organization
- Some college or Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Education, Sociology, Social Work, or related field
- At least 2 years working with youth in an after-school or comparable setting
- Knowledge of various family dynamics, crisis intervention, community engagement, and a high degree of cultural sensitivity
- Ability to relate to youth and adults in a professional manner and maintain professional boundaries
- Ability to work independently and in a team with various partners and programs
- Ability to work in a flexible and adaptable work environment.
- Knowledge of/or experience working in disadvantaged, inner city communities and with issues of low-income families including but not limited to immigration, refugee relocation, domestic violence, parenting, substance abuse, and others
- Bilingual in Spanish or Somali desirable
- High attention to detail and ability to carry out assignments independently
- High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Data Entry (Salesforce desirable)
(Due to COVID-19 roles and responsibilities may be modified)
COVID-19 FRONTLINE STAFFING DISCLOSURE AND CONSIDERATIONS:
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact the world, it is our responsibility to help keep our employees, residents, partner organizations, and communities healthy and safe. In an effort to serve the community in a safe and responsible way, our organization and Resident Services programming have modified our supportive services to be delivered in accordance to CDC guidelines. This position works directly with the public and residents residing in our affordable housing properties. Supportive services are all provided by appointment in person or virtually. All safety measures and protocols set in place must be followed to provide a safe work environment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Per company policy, all CHCDC employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before December 1, 2021.
Compensation/Benefits: 40 hours per week, hourly pay range: $19- $21/hr. depending on experience. Additional benefits include: Medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401K retirement plan that includes an employer match; generous paid time off and holidays; every other Friday offices are closed; City Heights CDC is committed to the professional growth of all employees and provides training opportunities accordingly.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume in electronic form to Leticia Leal, email@example.com.
City Heights Community Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.