Position Title: House Services Associate
Reports to: House and Guest Services Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The position of the House Services Associate is responsible for maintaining an optimal level of cleanliness and sanitation in all areas of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego. Every House Services Associate is responsible for promoting welcoming environments of hospitality and comfort for resident families, day users, service providers, and the public at both facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Safety and Cleanliness (20%)
· Performs cleaning duties, laundry tasks and travel paths throughout the facilities to ensure the Ronald McDonald House delivers a high standard of service to support the comfort and care of each guest;
· Maintain all cleaning equipment, supplies and products; ensure safe and sanitary storage and care of products.
· Consistently offer professional, friendly, and engaging service while maintaining a clean and safe environment;
· Work with staff to ensure that both facilities are properly staffed and maintained at optimal levels; and
· Ensures all cleaning, safety, and sanitation policies and procedures are always followed.
Cleaning Duties (50%)
· Perform housekeeping duties at the North House as assigned;
· Perform general sweeping, scrubbing, and mopping of laminate, or tiled floors as needed;
· Vacuum and clean carpets and perform further treatments such as shampoo or stain-removal as needed;
· Dispose of trash from bins and containers;
· Dust and polish furniture and room accessories as needed;
· Scrub sinks, basins, bathtubs, showers, and toilets in private and public bathrooms;
· Change linens and gather used linens such as sheets or towels for laundering;
· Clean windows, glass surfaces, mirrors, and counters as needed;
· Keep all public spaces neat and tidy;
· Ensure that restrooms and common areas, including conference /administrative offices and kitchen areas are free of trash and sanitized, cleaned, on a regular basis;
· Utilize Ronald McDonald House cleaning protocols and checklists to detail clean guest rooms at the time of check-out, ensuring that all room amenities are in place and the room is in good condition for the next guest;
· Assist with stocking and inventory of supplies and equipment;
· Utilize the Dynamics 365 Operations software to manage cleaning tasks and report maintenance and safety issues;
· Assist in maintaining outside areas at both facilities including sweeping, spot mopping/ power washing, and keeping all areas free of trash and debris;
Processes and Procedures (20%)
· Report any guest issues to the House and Guest Services Supervisor;
· Routinely inspect play, recreation, and exercise equipment to ensure cleanliness and proper working order;
· Know how to use safety equipment and implement emergency procedures;
· Monitor building safety and security by performing regular travel paths and being alert to potential problems;
· Respond in timely manner to guest’ requests and relay requests to the House and Guest Services Supervisor or Evening Supervisor; and
· Utilize communication and human relations skills to assist guests to effectively function in a group living environment.
· Assist with meeting set-ups, seating configurations, and AV needs;
· Assist in the set-up and break down of decorations, furniture, and party supplies of special events and activities;
· Participate in all staff meetings and safety trainings; and
· Assist in the kitchen as requested.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The physical demands/conditions described below are representative of those that must be met/tolerated by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
· Adhere to a flexible work schedule, which may include early mornings, late evenings, and weekends;
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment utilizing good work habits;
· Frequently standing, walking, reaching, and stooping;
· Lifting up to 30 lbs.; and
· Exposure to various noise levels.
Incumbents must demonstrate the ability to follow policies and procedures as established in the Company’s Employee Handbook. Incumbents will also contribute to a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a manner such that they get along with all constituent groups, co-workers, and management.
In addition, the education, experience, and other skills listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
· High School Diploma or GED is required.
· CPR/AED/FA Certification is required.
· Minimum of two (2) years of job-related experience, such as working in a non-profit, assisting large groups or organizations, and aiding the development of programs.
KEY SKILLS SET
· Ability to communicate in English and Spanish is preferred;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
· Ability to use teamwork and interpersonal skills to work with families, staff, volunteers, and partnering organizations in a friendly, professional manner.
EQUIPMENT AND APPLICATIONS[DG1]
· Working knowledge of all standard office equipment.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: From $15.51 per hour