About Girl Scouts San Diego
As part of the largest girl-serving nonprofit in the country, Girl Scouts San Diego (GSSD) builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. With the help of more than 12,000 volunteers, GSSD serves 23,000 girls in grades K-12 through the service area of San Diego and Imperial Counties.
For a century, Girl Scouts San Diego has engaged and inspired generations of leaders. Through the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, the proven program that focuses on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM); the outdoors; life skills; and entrepreneurship (cookie and fall product programs), girls learn to empower themselves for a lifetime of leadership and success.
The Individual Donor Relations Officer will report to the Chief Advancement Officer and have responsibility for developing and implementing strategies to fill the individual giving pipeline, including annual, major, and planned gifts. The IDRO will cultivate and maintain strong relationships with prospects and existing donors and provide strong stewardship.
- Develop and implement strategies that will increase individual contributions, working collaboratively with the advancement team and council staff.
- Proactively cultivate, solicit and steward relationships with individual donors.
- Oversee donor prospecting, including research and rating, to identify those who have the capacity to provide major and/or planned gifts.
- Lead the efforts to expand the planned giving program.
- Play an active role in developing engaging donor communications.
- Represent GSSD at events, programs and meetings.
- Carry out additional assignments as required to meet department or organization goals and objectives.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of five years of professional experience working with donors in a philanthropic environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of philanthropic principles and techniques
- Familiarity with planned, major and annual giving
- Skilled at establishing and maintaining positive, collaborative internal and external working relationships.
- Success cultivating, soliciting and closing planned, annual or major gifts
- Outstanding communication skills – written, verbal and presentation
- Ability to effectively articulate the mission, goals and accomplishments of Girl Scouts San Diego to potential and current donors.
- Excellent time management skills; strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or related donor database.
- Able to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends
- Valid drivers’ license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation.
- Candidates should have demonstrated business intelligence and planning skills, supported by strong analytical thinking.
- Value diversity and have sensitivity to the multi-cultural communities served by Girl Scouts San Diego.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package will be provided.
To apply: http://atsod.com/j/s.cfm/Z3Z