Title: Individual Giving Manager Classification: Exempt – Full time
Reports to: Director of Development Date: 10-20-2021
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000
Introduction - The Elementary Institute of Science (EIS) was established in 1964 as an after-school science club by local educators and civil rights leaders to combat inequities in education. Our mission is to inspire a love of science and create opportunities for diverse children and youth. We continue to honor our founding principles: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in STEM.
EIS is committed to providing rich learning opportunities that prepare children for bright futures. We collaborate with schools, parents, businesses, institutions of higher learning, and community partners to engage students in authentic, hands-on science learning. Our afterschool, weekend, and school partnership programs broaden access to quality STEM education, foster critical thinking, expand technical skills, and encourage students to pursue STEM careers. We are seeking a combination of skills and passion to cultivate a broad range of support to advance inclusion in STEM. This is an exciting time at EIS with opportunities to innovate and for career growth.
Position Summary Plan, implement, and manage a comprehensive giving program for individual gifts, including, one-time, event, major, sustainer (monthly), in-kind, and planned giving donors. Contribute to creating an organizational donor awareness culture, assist in preparing Development Department annual revenue goals and manage areas of responsibility to meet budget goals.
The Individual Giving Manager interfaces in a professional manner with all internal and external customers.
- Create specific plans for new donor acquisition, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Schedule and facilitate personal meetings, facility tours both on-site and off-site, with prospective donors
- Assist the Director of Development on fundraising initiatives
- Work with the Development Associate in enhancing donor recognition in all communication strategies
- Develop small donor events and coordinate logistics with Director of Development to ensure an exceptional donor experience
- Maintain accurate and complete records of donor communications
- Monitor revenue and expenses related to Individual Giving on a quarterly basis, and prepare regular reports on all appeal activities
- Develop multi-level campaign for new initiative – San Diego Institute of Science & Technology
- Launch and manage new planned giving program, implementing new strategies and protocols to attract new bequests
- Coordinate with Development Associate on marketing and communication
- Support Executive Director & Board President with major gifts including research and rating
- Interface professionally with donors, external partners, colleagues, visitors, and board members, always providing excellent customer service
- Follow EIS policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer/client relations skills, with the ability to interface effectively with racially, ethnically and economically diverse colleagues, external partners, and members of the public
- Understanding of and commitment to ethical fundraising strategies
- Effective communications skills (orally and in writing) in English
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Proficient use of:
- Microsoft Office products including Word (including the use of tables), Excel, and Outlook, and Salesforce
- Cloud-based computing solutions (preferably Box, and Microsoft Office 365)
- Ability to work effectively in a face-paced environment with changing priorities, while maintaining professionalism and strong rapport with EIS team members
- Outgoing nature and ability to initiate and enjoy direct communication with donors and potential donors- networking
- Consistently maintains a professional demeanor, appearance, and work environment