Title: Individual Giving Manager Classification: Exempt – Full time
Reports to: Director of Development Date: 06-20-2021
Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000
Position Summary Plan, implement, and manage a comprehensive giving program for individual gifts, including, one-time, event, major, sustainer (monthly), in-kind, and planned giving donors. Contribute to creating an organizational donor awareness culture, assist in preparing Development Department annual revenue goals and manage areas of responsibility to meet budget goals.
She or he interfaces in a professional manner with all internal and external customers.
- Create specific plans for new donor acquisition, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Schedule and facilitate personal meetings, facility tours both on-site and off-site, with prospective donors
- Assist the Director of Development on fundraising initiatives
- Work with the Development Associate in enhancing donor recognition in all communication strategies
- Develop small donor events and coordinate logistics with Director of Development to ensure an exceptional donor experience
- Maintain accurate and complete records of donor communications
- Monitor revenue and expenses related to Individual Giving on a quarterly basis, and prepare regular reports on all appeal activities
- Develop multi-level campaign for new initiative – San Diego Institute of Science & Technology
- Launch and manage new planned giving program, implementing new strategies and protocols to attract new bequests
- Coordinate with Development Associate on marketing and communication
- Support Executive Director & Board President with major gifts including research and rating
- Interface professionally with donors, external partners, colleagues, visitors, and board members, always providing excellent customer service
- Follow EIS policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer/client relations skills, with the ability to interface effectively with racially, ethnically and economically diverse colleagues, external partners, and members of the public
- Understanding of and commitment to ethical fundraising strategies
- Effective communications skills (orally and in writing) in English
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Proficient use of:
- Microsoft Office products including Word (including the use of tables), Excel, and Outlook, and Salesforce
- Cloud-based computing solutions (preferably Box, and Microsoft Office 365)
- Ability to work effectively in a face-paced environment with changing priorities, while maintaining professionalism and strong rapport with EIS team members
- Outgoing nature and ability to initiate and enjoy direct communication with donors and potential donors- networking
- Consistently maintains a professional demeanor, appearance, and work environment
Work is regularly performed in an office environment and is regularly exposed to noise. The reception area, the environment intermittently includes dozens of young children, instructors, community members, and parents.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. The employee is frequently required to sit and stand; walk; use hands to type, finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, permanent, benefited, nonexempt position. The position requires the ability to occasionally work during nonstandard hours to support meetings, events, and programs. There will be the option to work some days from home after an initial period.
Limited travel within the San Diego/Southern California region
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree or Three to five years of fundraising/ development and project management experience
- Professional demeanor and work ethic
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Salesforce
- Bilingual/biliterate in English and Spanish
License, Certificates or Registrations
- Valid California Driver’s License; insurable in the State of California
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We promote and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees as well as the people we serve.