Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Full-Time (37.5 hours per week), non-exempt
Pay Rate: $19 - $21/hour
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
Overview: The Access JFS team is the first touchpoint for those looking for support and services at Jewish Family Service. Working as a part of the Access JFS Team, the Intake Specialist is responsible for receiving and responding to all incoming client inquiries in a timely manner and connecting clients to services at JFS and in the broader community. This position will also provide regularly scheduled reception desk coverage in the Client Services Lobby. You must love people and value great customer service to succeed in this position. This position will work onsite, and typical shift will be Monday-Friday, 12:00pm-7:30pm. This position reports to the Access JFS Manger.
What You Will Do:
- Respond to incoming calls and web inquiries for services and meet with walk-in clients as needed.
- Conduct initial assessment to identify needs, safety concerns, and/or barriers to accessing services.
- Screen and refer callers to appropriate internal and external referrals.
- Maintain clear and timely documentation of all communication in electronic client record system.
- Serve as back up to Client Services Lobby reception daily
- Provide a consistently high level of customer service.
- Cultivate relationships and work collaboratively with other JFS program staff.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of JFS programs and eligibility requirements, as well as community resources.
- Follow up with client referrals as appropriate.
- Flexibly respond to evolving program models and client needs.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA regulations.
You Will Need:
- Excellent customer services skills and experience
- Bilingual/Bicultural English/Spanish required
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree (in a human services field) preferred
- Experience with older adult population and services preferred
- Experience in working with stressed clients, often in some level of urgency
- Great at multitasking, as you will be required to manage multiple tasks at once
- Ability to provide professional and friendly customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort working in an environment where multiple languages are spoken
- Sensitivity to cultural differences present in the organizations/programs service population
- Understanding of the low-income population and the concept of trauma informed care
- Desire to work in an integrated team environment
- Ability to show an unconditional positive regard for clients who turn to JFS for support
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite programs
- Experience in utilizing client records system
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.