The San Diego Natural History Museum is seeking enthusiastic and friendly part - time, as needed, Lead Banquet Bartender for special events. This position provides guests an unparalleled customer service experience. The ideal candidate will be comfortable managing bar staff, preparing and serving drinks, while continually maintaining a pleasant and professional demeanor.
- Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol. (T.I.P.S., L.E.A.D., ServSafe)
- Supervises and address employee issues and general issues at the bar.
- Prepare alcohol and non-alcohol beverages (including garnishes for mixed drinks) for patrons.
- Interact with bar customers to take and serve beverage orders while ensuring all other bartenders are doing the same.
- Check customer identification and confirm legal drinking age is met.
- Strictly follows serving guidelines to all guests with attention to intoxicated customers; makes judgements regarding when to slow a guest down or cut them off.
- Knowledge of the bar menu options to answer guest inquiries and requests in a courteous and polite manner.
- Provide the highest-level of customer service to our guests (both internal and external) through active engagement and a friendly attitude.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with colleagues.
- Anticipate and communicate replenishment needs promptly, ensuring no shortages throughout scheduled function time.
- Set-up and transport supplies to bar area(s).
- Clean the bar, stock bar items, and maintain overall cleanliness at all times.
- Wash bar glasses and any other bar equipment.
- Handle money, operates the payment collection system, and accurately makes change.
- Oversee and assist bar staff with any money handling concerns or issues with the payment system.
- Count bank at end of shift, complete reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank.
- Secure liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas. Complete closing duties.
- Maintain a high-level of personal hygiene routine to represent a clean and professional environment.
- Be flexible and assume other responsibilities and tasks as assigned.
- Follow Museum and Department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- 2+ years of restaurant bartending experience and/or banquet bartending experience preferred.
- 1+ year in bar supervisory experience or supervisory experience in a like-setting.
- Flexible with scheduling of shifts and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong math aptitude.
- Comfortable dealing with a wide array of guests and customer service situations.
- Must be T.I.P.S, L.E.A.D., ServSafe certified or willing to get in first (30) days of employment.
- Must possess valid food handler card or willing to get in first (30) days of employment.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- If hired a (Live Scan) background check will be required.
- In compliance with the San Diego Natural History Museum’s mandatory vaccination policy, the Museum requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Accommodations based on medical and religious exemptions will be considered.
Position pays $18/hour. Employees enjoy free admission into all of Balboa Park’s museums as well as free admission to the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park.This is a part-time/as-needed position.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or drop-ins please.