Position Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse or Licensed Psychiatric Technician
Program: New Leaf Recovery Center - North Location(Oceanside) or Central Location (College Ave)
Classification: Non-Exempt, Part time (8 hours per week at the individual site) or (16 hours per week for both combined locations)
Salary: $25.00 - $26.00 per hour; Commensurate with experience
Summary and Range of Authority: Under the direction of psychiatrist/Nurse Practitioner and Program Manager, Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or Licensed Psychiatric Technician provides treatment services to clients with all ranges of psychiatric symptom acuity and substance abuse. New Leaf Recovery Center (NLRC) provides evidence-based and integrated outpatient treatment services for adults who suffer from serious mental health and co-occurring substance abuse conditions.
Required Education, Certifications/Licenses and Language/Cultural Skills:
- Current valid license to practice as a LVN in California (or)
- Current valid license to practice as a Psychiatric Technician in California.
- Knowledge and experience relevant to work with diverse communities must be competent and comfortable in communicating mental health concepts to those with different cultures.
Additional Preferred Education or Qualifications:
- Bilingual skills in Spanish
- Demonstrated knowledge of County HHSA BHS requirements, including documentation.
- Knowledge of Cerner health record systems.
- If recovering, must be stable in the recovery process for 2 years.