The Urban Corps of San Diego County is a private, non-profit corporation that was incorporated in 1989.
The primary mission of the Urban Corps is to provide young adults with the opportunity to succeed by giving them a second chance at earning a high school diploma, job skills training, and paid work experience with an emphasis on environmental, conservation, and service projects that will benefit the County of San Diego.
The Marketing & Outreach Coordinator will spearhead the organization’s marketing and public relations efforts, and will also assist with recruitment. She/he will play a critical role in communicating the organization’s vision, including creation of promotional materials, videos, annual reports, building and managing the data base, assisting with the organization of special events, managing the web site for the Charter School and the Corporation, and other tasks as needed or assigned. Good public speaker since he/she may be required to represent the organization at external event.
Urban Corps is seeking a detail-oriented and motivated self-starter to assist in leading the communications efforts including but not limited to brand marketing, print/radio/television advertising, public relations, website/online efforts, social media, and other related initiatives.
Preferred requirements are: a Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field of study. Five or more years of professional experience in one of these fields • Proficiency in major business software, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook • Familiarity with graphic design, e-blast programs • Superior organizational skills; ability to work well under pressure and remain flexible with multiple priorities and deadlines • Excellent written and verbal skills • Strong attention to detail with exceptional proofreading skills • Good understanding of social media applications and tools, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube • Excellent problem-solving skills — must have a positive, creative approach and be imaginative, flexible and resourceful • Other duties as required
- Goal-oriented with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and remain flexible with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Previous experience in communications/development/public relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail including accuracy and efficiency, and exceptional proofreading skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Experience with social media marketing and management systems: understanding of social media applications and tools, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Website
- Experience with nonprofit databases
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with graphic design, E-blast programs
- Excellent time-management skills, including ability to balance multiple and competing priorities
- Experienced in brand marketing, print/radio/television
- Excellent problem-solving skills — must have a positive, creative approach and be imaginative, flexible and resourceful
Education & Experience
- Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in communication, marketing, or public relations
- Preferably a minimum of five years’ experience in a marketing/public relations or communications
- Interpersonal & communication skills that promote effective and positive relationships at all levels both internally and externally
Salary & Benefits
Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Benefits
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to Sandra.lopez@urbancorps,org.
The Urban Corps of San Diego County only employs individuals who are lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
You will be requested to complete an application at a later date if you are chosen for an interview.
You will need to pass a post-offer back ground test and a drug and alcohol test (at a designated facility) before commencing employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Urban Corps of San Diego County to employ a qualified workforce and to provide equal opportunities for all applicants in hiring, recruiting, placement, training, compensation, benefits, promotion, transfers, and termination.