*NOTE: The full job description for this position can be found on our Careers page at www.SDPride.org/Careers
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
ABOUT THE POSITION:
San Diego Pride’s Marketing and Communications Manager must have a true passion for LGBTQ social justice and navigating the spectrum of digital and tradition marketing and media communication strategies as tools to further the mission of Pride. This position will use earned and social media, direct marketing, and advertising to convey LGBTQ programmatic and public education messages, ensure Pride events are visible and well-attended, drive individual giving campaigns, and assist in the overall success of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Community Engagement: Assist with day-to-day community and fan engagement, page and content moderation, as well as general outreach.
- Content Monitoring and Seeding: Assist in monitoring key online conversations and events to make sure brands are participating effectively and are being well-represented. Seeding approved content and editorial pieces to key influencers and other identified sites and blogs.
- Research and Analysis: Research and analyze trends, asset analytics, and emerging industry standards to ensure content is relevant and optimized to reach target audiences to maximize conversion.
- Written Communication: Draft press releases, talking points, e-newsletters, and other communication based on input from various departments to then be reviewed.
- Design: Oversee the utilization of Pride branding standards to create promotional web and print media to promote organizational events, programs, partners, and public education campaigns etc.
- Team Management: Oversee department staff, volunteers, interns, and contractors to ensure timeline adherence including print schedules, media coordination, sponsor and entertainer contract fulfillment, banner, and merchandise design and production.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in marketing communications or related field is *required. *Any combination of experience, education, and training that would provide the equivalent knowledge and abilities may be considered.
- Experience: 2-4 years of professional experience in 501(c)(3) nonprofit overseeing a marketing and communications department.
- Must have working knowledge of and experience with Content Management Systems, Mail Chimp, and online networks (Preferences to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google, etc.).
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ability to learn other computer software programs.
- Basic understanding of Adobe: AI and Photoshop preferred, but not required.
- Must have exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills and a flair for communicating in all social media channels.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Ability to work with shifting priorities to capitalize on traffic opportunities.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Ability to professionally interact with a variety of constituencies including donors, volunteers, staff, visitors, government officials, and the general public.
- Experience working with the LGBTQ community and familiarity with issues of particular relevance to LGBTQ people and intersectional justice issues. Demonstrated passion for obtaining resources for marginalized communities a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, socio-economic backgrounds, religions, ages, English-speaking abilities, immigration statues, and physical abilities in a multicultural environment.
- Employees working with San Diego Pride must be able to pass a background check, conducted by San Diego Pride prior to offer of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will frequently lift up to 50 pounds. The employee may be required to travel for a variety of work functions such as providing trainings and attending off-site meetings.
All employees and volunteers of San Diego Pride must maintain an environment that is friendly, welcoming, and accepting of all Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, and other members of our community.
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter to Careers@sdpride.org. No phone calls, social media messages, or office visits, please.
** San Diego Pride is an equal opportunity employer**