Marketing Coordinator creates content across a variety of channels that support the organization’s strategic goals and helps elevate the United Way brand in San Diego County.
- Creates and maintains a social media content calendar in accordance with the strategic marketing plan
- Curates and creates content including video and reels for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and TikTok
- Manages and monitors daily posts and engagement
- Provides live social media coverage at key events
- Stays up-to-date on latest social media best practices and trends; advises on platforms and tools
- Tracks and reports on social media performance
- Plans, writes, and builds monthly e-newsletter in MailChimp
- Creates and designs emails for campaigns and other email correspondence
- Import and export contact lists as needed
- Tracks and reports on email performance
Blog & Website
- Supports SEO strategy and keyword research
- Writes content for blog posts; proofs and formats staff contributed content
- Creates sharing strategy for blog posts to maximize exposure
- Mocks up landing pages and web page updates for agency to implement
- Tracks and reports on blog and website performance
General Marketing Support
- Manages marketing projects and project process: intake projects, monitor workflow, provide project status updates to stakeholders, and route for approvals.
- Maintain and update project management tool weekly.
- Provide graphic design support by designing marketing materials including flyers, emails, signage, PowerPoints, social media graphics, etc., as needed.
- Provide general support to marketing department, including: purchasing research, mailing, maintaining marketing calendar, digital filing & organization, web research, and other tasks as assigned.
- Assists with other marketing and communications duties as required such as media relations support; press release development; writing, editing, and proofing support; development of speeches and talking points; event planning; etc.
- Effective Communication – is a skilled and passionate communicator who can promote and sell ideas persuasively to inspire others to act in service to the organization and to the community.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration - works effectively cross-functionally and brings a team-oriented mindset to work. Demonstrates skills and capabilities to collaborate with others to see projects to completion.
- Marketing-Minded – takes a creative and experimental approach to content creation using analytics to guide content decisions. Uses integrated storytelling techniques to tell the United Way story and shares key messages in an engaging way that influences target audiences.
- Brand Steward - is a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing awareness, protecting reputation, and evangelizing results.
- Relationship Oriented - understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
Education/Experience: BS in Marketing/related field and/or 1-3 years of experience in a marketing corporate/agency environment or equivalent.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Social media savvy with 1+ years of social media management experience for a company or brand.
- Experience crafting and designing emails for a company or brand.
- Creative and strategic self-starter with attention to detail.
- Project management and organizational skills to prioritize, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write using proper English, grammar, and spelling to write all content for social media, emails, and the website.
- Interpersonal skills that incorporate teamwork, shared responsibility, contributing to the larger organization, working across departments to achieve goals, and personal accountability.
- Basic understanding of SEO and website traffic metrics. Experience with Google Analytics preferred.
- Desire to keep learning and evolving with the latest social media and digital marketing trends.
- Experience with Mircosoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, MailChimp, Hootsuite, and Asana highly preferred.
- Experience with WordPress and video editing highly desired.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
- Must use own car for occasional fieldwork (with expense reimbursement). Valid Driver’s License, acceptable driving record, and ability to provide current vehicle registration/insurance required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with Leadership, Staff and the Public. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- This person must be able to remain in a stationary position at the workstation 70% of the time and participate in meetings on and off-site 30% of the time
- This person must be able to utilize their own transportation for visits around the San Diego community up to 100% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of incumbents.
Typical schedule is 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. However, flexibility is required due to nature of business. Schedule may be changed as needed, to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
How do I apply?
Please upload your resume and cover letter here to apply