The mission of Accessity, formerly Accion serving Southern California, with headquarters in San Diego, is to open doors of financial opportunity to those historically with less access to capital and business support: entrepreneurs of color, women, immigrant, and low-to moderate-income entrepreneurs, so they can build a prosperous business and livelihood for themselves and their families, while also strengthening our communities. Visit https://accessity.org/ for more information.
The Marketing & Development Coordinator is a full-time position supporting the organization’s fundraising and communications activities, partnerships, marketing efforts, storytelling, and educational events. This position will work closely with the Development/Impact and Communications/Marketing departments to support outreach to small businesses, web presence, and donor stewardship.
- Produce material for email communications and fundraising efforts.
- Create, maintain, and manage social marketing calendars for various social media outlets.
- Support marketing and development teams with creation of engaging content for social media pages including drafting copy and creative messaging.
- Produce compelling client stories and testimonials used within special partnerships, proposals, donor engagements, and other publications.
- Process donations using eTapestry and issue timely donor acknowledgements.
- Maintain and update accurate donor records in fundraising database and contact lists in Constant Contact.
- Assist in ordering marketing materials for staff and events.
- Support in event promotion, including posting on local event calendars, volunteer recruitment, helping coordinate materials for events, and impact tracking.
- Assist in event logistics such as volunteer recruitment, setting up for events, managing the registration table, coordinating event prep boxes, and general planning.
- Collaborate with marketing and impact departments to ensure that materials are on-brand and reflect mission.
- Coordinate meetings with donors or other partners as needed.
- Strong creative writer and storyteller; bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Basic knowledge of social media management programs (i.e. Hootsuite, HubSpot, Buffer, etc.) and basic Office suite.
- Bachelor or associate degree in marketing, communications, nonprofit management, or comparable field.
- Understanding of microfinance and demonstrated interest and passion in the field and for small businesses.
- Must demonstrate superb attention to detail in executing tasks.
- Exhibit self-motivation and be pro-active in creative thinking.
- Insightful and creative eye, with an outstanding attention to detail.
- Digital photography, videography, graphic design knowledge and skills a plus.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level; currently staff is working remote due to macro environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high number of applicants for this position, we will only be able to personally contact those we would like to interview.
Accessity is an equal opportunity employer.