MOXIE Theatre is currently seeking a Marketing Manager who is passionate about MOXIE’s mission to create more diverse and honest images of women+ for our culture and with enthusiasm for the performing arts. MOXIE produces a four play season as well as an annual gala and some smaller engagement events. MOXIE is a family-friendly and radically inclusive environment. The Marketing Manager will have the flexibility to work primarily from home if desired and hours are flexible. Some in-person meetings will be required, scheduled in advance and in keeping with the Marketing Manager’s availability.
Chief responsibilities include:
- Working alongside the Executive Artistic Director and Development Director to develop the marketing plan and marketing budget for each season/fiscal year.
- Overseeing all aspects of marketing plan execution, including monitoring efficacy and results of different strategies and adapting plan accordingly.
- Coordinate the branding and design for each season, individual productions, and special events with outside graphic designer.
- Social media management and strategy, including some graphic design and content creation.
- Overseeing MOXIE’s transition to a new website with outside contractor.
- Manage, maintain and optimize MOXIE’s SEO for our website.
- Website maintenance and updates.
- Creation and execution of all MOXIE’s e-blasts in Constant Contact
- Distributing press releases and coordinating press interviews.
- Responding to press inquiries.
- Allocating dates and times for press attendance at productions.
- Working with the Box Office Sales Staff to ensure events are built in Audience View, MOXIE’s Ticketing Platform.
- Monitoring ticket and subscription sales.
- Professional experience working in marketing and digital marketing. Experience in the performing arts a plus.
- Marketing or Digital Marketing educational background, including but not limited to Bachelor’s Degree, Associate Degree or Certificate from a Technical School.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong social media experience.
- Graphic design experience working with design programs and online tools such as Photoshop or Canva.
- Experience working with marketing email platforms, preferably Constant Contact.
- A passion for supporting women+’s voices and deep respect for equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include:
- Cover letter
- List of three references
Status: Part-time, non exempt
Benefits: Not Included
Salary: $18-24/hour depending on experience
Estimate 20 hours per week
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Executive Artistic Director