Connect is a nonprofit working to elevate entrepreneurs by providing educational programming, mentorship, introductions and access to capital. We help innovative companies thrive so they can transform their ideas into products and services that change lives and make a meaningful impact in the development of the San Diego region. We’re on a mission to build a world-class innovation economy.
Connect is seeking a full-time Marketing Senior Manager to lead our marketing, design, positioning, social media and overall communication strategy. We’re looking for a strong storyteller who can help show the impact Connect makes across multiple stakeholder groups including entrepreneurs, sponsors, grantors, mentors and investors. This person will report to the COO and work closely with our Events and Marketing Manager as well as our entire small team to support and promote Connect programming, initiatives and events.
This position will be full-time remote during the current COVID-19 pandemic and will eventually move to a hybrid in-office and remote work schedule.
- Create and manage a high-level strategic communications plan
- Lead the direction and execution of all internal and external communications
- Create and share stakeholder stories to show the impact Connect makes in the community
- Manage, maintain and optimize SEO for our website built on WordPress
- Develop and oversee execution of social media and email to improve engagement
- Develop collateral and marketing campaigns to build program attendance
- Manage outside contractors for graphic design and web development
- Provide writing, editing and design support for all outbound communications
- Assist with special projects and public appearances
- Drive public and customer relations by developing compelling stories and creating press content
- Work with partners and program sponsors to leverage marketing reach and attendance
- Perform other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills
- Positive, problem-solving attitude
- Strong social media experience
- Familiarity with startups and the innovation ecosystem in San Diego
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and move projects forward
- Strong organizational skills to set priorities and manage tasks to successful outcomes
- Capacity to manage multiple projects efficiently, change course as needed, and meet deadlines
- Team-oriented and focused on achieving department and organizational goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal communication, professionalism, and integrity
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 or more years of marketing
- WordPress, MailChimp and graphic design experience preferred
- Sprout Social and Canva experience a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Total compensation includes a competitive base salary with a benefits package including unlimited/flexible PTO, full medical, dental, vision and 401k matching.
Click here to apply through Indeed.