Position Title: NAMI San Diego – Child Youth Family Liaison Program Manager
Company Description: NAMI San Diego (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a nonprofit organization that provides free education, support services, and advocacy to improve the quality of life of everyone affected by mental illnesses.
The CYFL Program Manager oversees, plans, organizes and directs the day-to-day operations of the NAMI San Diego Children, Youth and Families Liaison Program (CYFL). The CYFL Program Manager has the primary duty of coordinating, training, and advancing Family/Youth Professional Partnership for Children, Youth and Families (CYF) within Behavioral Health Services (BHS) of the San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA). The NAMI San Diego Family Youth Liaison (FYL) Program Manager shall collaborate with the County of San Diego BHS administrative staff to ensure family and youth voice and values are incorporated into service development and implementation plans as well as the overall County of San Diego CYF BHS service delivery. The NAMI San Diego and the Children, Youth and Families Liaison Projects serves as the community expert in Family/Professional Partnership and makes this expertise available to CYF service providers including those contracting servicers from the County of San Diego.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises employees in the CYFL Program.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains employees. Plans, assigns and directs their work
- Appraises employees’ performance. Rewards and disciplines employees. Addresses their complaints and resolves problems
- Coordinates with all partners and subcontracts, toward the completion of the program objectives in a timely fashion
- Develops procedures and documentation of all services performed for the CYL program
- Assists the NAMI SD CEO and Executive Team in performing the overall strategic planning, and budget compliance, public relations, communications and program development planning
- Mentors, motivates and trains department program employees/volunteers
- Engage with culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- Regular, dependable attendance is required; including at the work site, community meetings and trainings
Accountability: Reports to NAMI San Diego Education Department Director.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
Minimum Requirements, including linguistic and cultural skills, education, experiences, licenses and certifications:
- Knowledge of the Child, Youth, Family System of Care in San Diego County a must
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Community Development, Education or Advocacy/Activism; or six years related experience and/or training in key leadership roles, preferably in non-profit setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have demonstrated experience in Curriculum Development, Training and Evaluation
- Must have reliable transportation
- Lived mental health experience of CYF Behavioral Health Services, Juvenile Justice System, or Special Education, for self or family. Meet the criteria for a Family/Youth Partner
- Strong, positive viewpoint towards mental health is essential
- Experience overseeing a large staff
- Ability and willingness to mentor and motivate with strong training skills
- Excellent planning, organization, analyzing, problem solving, time management and coordinating skills
- Technical requirements:
- Hardware: desktops, laptops, mobile devices
- Proficient in Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Planner)
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Webinar platforms
- Android 4.0+
- iOS 10+
- Excellent contract and budget management knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations
- Bi-lingual preferred
COVID Protocols and Work Environment. As an essential worker providing both telehealth and in-person services, successful candidate will follow CDC guidelines, state guidelines and local mandates for COVID 19 prevention. COVID-19 Vaccination required for employment. Remote workforce may be explored upon hiring.
Salary: $25.00 hourly Full time (40 hours/week)
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org