Home Start’s vision is for every child to have a safe, stable, and nurturing home. Guided by our mission to assure the safety and resiliency of children by strengthening families and their communities, Home Start, Inc., a non-profit child abuse prevention, and treatment agency has strengthened and developed San Diego’s families and communities since 1972.
Job Summary: Parent Support Partners will have successfully completed a Child Welfare Case Plan through either Dependency or Voluntary Services. The role of the Parent Support Partner is to act as a mentor to other parents who are currently involved in the Child Welfare system to help them understand and successfully complete their case plan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate information about CWS and the roles of social work staff and interns to parents involved in Dependency and Voluntary Services in the County’s Child Welfare System
- Meet weekly with parents in their home or other locations as required to provide education and support.
- Attend Team Decision Making meetings with parents that have been referred for service.
- Participate in CWS work groups and committees as requested by the COTR (Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative) of the CSF Contract.
- Complete intakes and maintain accurate and timely uniform documentation on all families.
- Assist parents to locate and access resources in the communities where they reside.
- Complete initial core Parent Support Partner Training through Family & Youth Roundtable.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with Child Welfare Services and CSF staff and interns and volunteers and the community.
- Participate in all required trainings, meetings and supervisions.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy standards of protected health information and other applicable information and material in accordance to agency policies, and applicable regulations and laws, including HIPAA.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
High school diploma required, and must have direct experience as a consumer of the Child Welfare system. Bi-lingual preferred. Abilities: Able to work in a diverse environment with demonstrated cultural competence. Skills: Effective communication skills. Must be a team player and be able to work independently. Computer literate as appropriate. Other: Must be available to work weekends and evenings as assigned by supervisor and/or as needed.
Must have a valid California driver’s license, insurance and a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
- Sitting for long periods of time in the homes of client families, in the office or at required meetings.
- Daily traveling in car to clients or to agency and community meetings.
- Frequent note taking and recording in case files by hand.
- Office space is shared.
- The noise level fluctuates from quiet to noisy.
Condition of Employment
In accordance with the recent California Department of Public Health Orders, depending on work location and subcontractor requirements, employees must adhere to the below requirements:
- Provide a copy of your COVID-19 Vaccination OR undergo weekly COVID-19 testing and observe all other infection control requirements, including face coverings;
- Obtain either the first dose of a one dose regime or the second dose of a two-dose regime of a COVID-19 vaccine by September 30, 2021* in accordance with CDPH order dated August 5, 2021.
*There may be exemptions to the vaccination mandate.
Home Start, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel because of gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or gender expression, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Please apply on our website