Parent Partner, Bilingual (4705) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Mobile Adolescent Team (Linda Vista )
Parent Partner (Bilingual Spanish) – Mental Health Services for Children, Youth and Family Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday; some evenings required.
CRF: Why It’s A Great Place To Work!
Community Research Foundation inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges.
Typical Duties of the Parent Partner
- Provides individual, parent/caregiver and family services in the clinic and/or community setting, including schools, homes, community centers, faith-based programs, or where the family/caregiver feels most comfortable
- Works to de-stigmatize mental illness and serious emotional disturbance in children and youth
- Provides education to caregivers about the effectiveness of treatment when caregivers are involved in family therapy
- Works with caregivers to be change agents in communicating and increasing involvement between family members
- Provides additional support to families and ensures that the treatment planning contains measurable objectives for each child/youth receiving services
- Assists the multi-disciplinary team to better accommodate the family needs in order to foster consistent and meaningful family participation
- Provides outreach to the community in the form of education on program services
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED
- Direct experience as a caregiver of a child/youth that is currently or has received services from a public mental health setting
- Is able to demonstrate education and/or life experience commensurate with the job duties
- Previous supervised working experience with children, youth, or family behavioral health services
- Basic knowledge/proficiency with a computer, including Word and Excel software. Experience with Anasazi EHR is a plus
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer