Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or at least two years of social work or related experience.
- Experience in case management, job development, or employment counseling.
- Excellent customer service with refugees from different ethnic backgrounds required.
- Excellent computer skills necessary. Bilingual capabilities preferred (Swahili, French, Arabic, Dari, or Farsi). Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Refer clients to medical providers who will ensure the proper care for long-term medical or mental health problems.
- Track client progress in accessing and maintaining care for medical and mental health issues, social adjustment, employment, basic needs, English language acquisition, knowledge of US culture/institutions, and assistant services.
- Perform outreach activities in order to spread awareness about Preferred Communities Program.
- Form Community partnerships in order to increase scope of referrals.
- Manage and recruit volunteers.
- Perform various tasks to include data entry, schedule appointments, filing, and other case-related activities. Maintain and update databases.
- Schedule and monitor clients’ attendance to assigned welfare-to-work activities and ensure that clients maintain access to benefits for which they are qualified.
- Attend all required meetings and complete training for clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Resettlement.