Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Full-Time (37.5 hours per week), non-exempt, occasional evening and weekend hours
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
Pay Rate: $18-$20 per hour
Overview: The Administrative Assistant provides comprehensive support to the Center for Jewish Care. The Center’s team offers critical relief services and resource navigation to individuals and families in the Jewish community who are experiencing poverty and struggling to make ends. The Program Assistant is a key part of the team who processes financial assistance, maintains accurate data to demonstrate our impact, and even in supports direct client services. The Program Assistant also works closely with our Accounting, Community Impacts, and other Programs teams. If you are looking to put your organization, attention to detail, and customer service skills to work in a meaningful way, this is the job for you!
- Processing approved client financial assistance via credit card or check payments to vendors and disbursing gift cards directly to clients via mail or in person.
- Managing and accurately recording program data in JFS client data base.
- Creating, updating, and maintaining client physical records and paperwork in compliance with HIPAA regulations and JFS policies.
- Tracking all payments and invoices to maintain accurate financial records.
- Reconciling all payments and gift cards with Accounting financial reports.
- Assisting in pulling data reports and preparing grant reports to accurately report impact.
- Ordering program materials and supplies.
- Processing employee expense and mileage reimbursements.
- Answering phones, providing customer services, and addressing client requests, as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma required. AA or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least one year in an administrative support or customer service role.
- Administrative proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Prior experience in client, donor, and/or financial databases preferred (ETOi, Financial Edge, Raiser’s Edge, Papersave) preferred.
- Ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy and in a manner to meet deadlines and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to work in a team environment.
- Ability to take ownership and initiative of projects.
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.