The Program Coordinator oversees IRT’s volunteer programs, taking primary responsibility for recruiting, orienting, placing, deploying and retaining volunteers for each volunteer program. The position also involves management of the operational aspects of certain IRT volunteer programs.
- A minimum of three years of experience in program and volunteer management.
- Strong writing skills for clear and concise written communication with volunteers and others, and for creating program-related documents, such as volunteer job descriptions, applications, a volunteer program brochures, and program manuals.
- Good interpersonal, networking, and rapport building skills with boards, community members, coworkers and volunteers.
- Good public speaking skills to perform training, informational sessions, and debriefings.
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector is preferred.
- Develop and maintain volunteer program informational packets, including team manuals, job descriptions, task lists, and other appropriate materials for all volunteer programs.
- Recruit volunteers from throughout the U.S. on an ongoing/as-needed basis for construction, eyeglass, medical, food distribution, and other appropriate teams, as well as for administrative/office assistance and fundraising events.
- Distributes and collect from volunteers all required documentation including applications, release and waivers, passport and visa documentation, licenses, as well as participation fees. Conduct reference/background checks (as needed/required). Maintain a file for each volunteer.
- Handle all logistical arrangements for a volunteer team, including airfare, car or van rentals, lodging, etc.
- Conduct post-trip debriefings with team leaders after each team deployment. Mail out Welcome Home packages to obtain volunteer feedback. Collect and record volunteer service hours.
- As needed, train volunteers and/or ensure that training is received from other staff.
- Maintains program history information as required for newsletters, annual reports, etc.
- Seek out new avenues and sources for volunteer recruitment. Respond to requests from groups and individuals for volunteer opportunities and/or projects.
- Ensure that an appropriate volunteer appreciation program is in place. Carry out program and plan annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations and Program Development or other senior staff.
- Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Project Management
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)