The Project Manager provides ongoing support to and facilitation of Project Safeguard. The Program Manager will supervise the Community Organizer, Prevention Specialist and subcontractors and work to reduce youth alcohol and marijuana use in the Southeast area of the city of San Diego utilizing SAMHSA's Strategic Prevention framework.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work to promote collaboration and leadership in the target communities by engaging community members, business leaders, and agencies in the development of unified goals, objectives and strategies.
- Build and encourage community participation in prevention activities, leadership, ownership and decision making.
- Work collaboratively with all participating agencies and community collaborations to develop and maintain subcontracts, written memorandum of understanding, protocols, and all necessary information for planning resource coordination for prevention activities.
- Keep current, accurate, and confidential records, statistical data and outcome monitoring systems for purposes of reporting, contract management, etc.
- Work with Epidemiologist to support research and data collection efforts.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the ATOD Program Director.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications):
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Psychology, Public Health, Education, Social Work, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant leadership experience in an agency providing prevention services in a community setting.
- Experience with alcohol, tobacco and drug issues, environmental prevention, Strategic Prevention Framework and community development.
- Experience working in Southeast San Diego.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Respect for diverse cultures, demonstrated effectiveness in working within a collaborative environment, and experience in public speaking and presentation.
- Proven ability to work with diverse community and neighborhood organizations and constituencies.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with youth.
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit http://bit.ly/SAYcareers which is our SAY Career Center to create a profile and submit your application online. Please apply to Requisition ID# 1305. (NO PHONE CALLS AND EMAILED RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED)