We’re on a mission to build girls of courage, confidence and character! Are you looking for purpose driven work that will have a meaningful impact on girls throughout San Diego and Imperial Counties? Come be a CHANGEMAKER with Girl Scouts San Diego!
As a Program Specialist supporting the implementation of the largest girl-led entrepreneurial program in the world, you will directly impact girls’ leadership and entrepreneurial skills development. Your work will include the planning, implementation and organization of the Girl Scout Cookie and Fall product programs and include the following responsibilities:
- Develop and prepare resources (handbooks, training materials, etc.) to support a positive program experience for girls, parents and volunteers
- Champion program participation through training and information sessions, website and social media promotions and campaigns
- Partner with team members and other departments in the planning of product deliveries, logistics, distribution, and inventory management
- Coordinate, and conduct program kick-offs, events and meetings
- Assist in the development and coordination of program rewards
- Support girl participation by providing timely and direct customer service
Bring your skills and experience:
- Demonstrated project management skills; Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and work with frequent interruptions under changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong planning, organization, and follow-through skills with high attention to details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Able to build and sustain positive collaborative working relationships with volunteers, staff, collaborators, and vendors.
- Knowledgeable and comfortable working with social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.).
- A strong customer service mindset
- Proficiency in MS Office; advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates; some weekends and nights required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills a plus.
- Valid drivers’ license, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation. Occasional driving may be required.
- Must have belief in the mission and values of Girl Scouting; be willing to subscribe to the principles expressed in the Promise and Law, and aware of the needs of girls in our pluralistic society.
Girl Scouts San Diego is an Equal Opportunity Employer.