Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Assist Program Manager in overseeing day-to-day operations.
• Directly supervise Facilitators, Case Managers, and Counselors to include selection, scheduling, assessing performance, coaching, and imposing disciplinary action.
• Oversee program outreach and recruitment.
• Coordinate and manage agency referrals and referral process for clients. Assist and provide referrals to people/their family members who do not meet program criteria by referring to crisis line, other agencies/community partners or their Health Plan provider.
• Available for crisis consultation 24/7.
• Support program in designing and evaluating outcome tools to evaluate program effectiveness.
• Provide case consultation, supervision, and coaching to clinical staff as needed.
• Provide required documentation and reports, both clinical and administrative.
• Attend Eligibility and Enrollment meetings and other appropriate community, agency meetings and task forces.
• Oversee and facilitate trainings for staff. Manage training log to ensure timely facilitation of required CEUs and annual trainings.
• Complies with all MHS and program rules, policies and procedures including HIPAA standards.
• Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or related field, preferred. Current licensure as Psychologist, LMFT, LCSW, or similar and maintain good standing with Licensing Board.
• Minimum of two years of experience post-licensure clinical experience
• Minimum of three years of counseling experience as a licensed professional in a mental health field
• Minimum of five years working with co-occurring mental health disorders and substance abuse
• Knowledge of Medi-Cal documentation standards or transferable mental health and substance use services
documentation standards, as well as best practice and evidence-based practices
• Valid California driver’s license and current auto insurance per contract requirements
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and EHR software
• Strong ability to problem-solve and react appropriately to emergency situations.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with clients, family members, community leaders, and staff members