Home of Guiding Hands serves children and adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities such as Down syndrome, epilepsy, autism, and cerebral palsy. Each year, we provide support services to over 4,000 individuals within San Diego and Imperial Counties.
With over 800 employees, we provide a full continuum of care including premium residential care in 30 specialized group homes, early childhood development services, independent living support and on-site activity services at our resource center, located in El Cajon. Additionally, we provide life skills training, vocational assistance, free counseling, respite care, and county-wide transportation services.
We are looking for dedicated, caring, managers to lead our residential teams. QIDPs are responsible for: Mentoring Case Managers and House Managers to grow within the company, Collaborating with Direct Care Staff to improve client care needs, and responsibility for communication of training, safety, and agency policies to their direct reports. Q's will supervise 2-4 group homes located in East County.
Our residential program is our largest and longest running program. We have positively impacted thousands of people with special needs and their families within the community by providing 24-hour premier residential care in community home settings. Requirements:
- BA in Social Work or field related to developmental disabilities or valid CA registration/certification in education, OT, PT, RN, Rehab Counseling, Speech Pathology, MD or Osteopathy.
- Knowledge of HIPPA Guidelines and Patient Privacy required.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification is mandatory.
- Able to multi-task and manage work time efficiently.
- Able to see, talk, hear, walk, bend, stoop, sit, stand, reach, and lift items weighing 30 pounds or less repeatedly during a shift.
- Able to lawfully and safely drive an agency vehicle in all traffic situations and weather conditions.
- Able to perform housekeeping tasks such as laundry, bed-making, meal prep, cooking and housecleaning.
- Medication certified.
We offer competitive benefits, paid vacation , 50,000 in free life insurance and 403b retirement plans. In 2019, we were voted one of the best places to work by the San Diego Union Tribune. Apply today at www.hghjobs.com