The Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank is currently hiring a regular full-time Receptionist to support and be the primary contact for the organization in our Miramar location.
ABOUT THE SAN DIEGO FOOD BANK
Established in 1977, the Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank is a critical component to the welfare of San Diego County, providing food to people in need, advocating for the hungry and educating the public about hunger-related issues. For more information about the organization, please visit www.sandiegofoodbank.org.
Under the direct supervision of the HR Supervisor, the receptionist will answer inquiries and provide information to the public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties regarding the programs and services offered by the Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank.
- Operate telephone to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments. Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Handle issues and complaints from customers or the public that may require sensitivity and use of sound independent judgment. The position will respond to inquiries and complaints and refer them to appropriate staff and/or make a recommend action to resolve them.
- Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets, or other documents.
- File and maintain records. Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents.
- Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
- Receive payment and record receipts for services.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Office administrative and management practices & procedures
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Basic data processing principles and the use of word processing and computer equipment and software
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Operate computer and word processing software and other standard office equipment
- Type accurately at a speed necessary to meet the requirements of the position
- Professionally interact with volunteers, board members, and donors
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Use tact, discretion and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive situations and concerned individuals
- Establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with officials and others encountered in the course of the work
EDUCATION, TRAINING and EXPERIENCE
A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outline above is graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent, and three years of increasingly responsible office administrative or secretarial experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bi-Lingual, Spanish required
- Days and hours of work are Monday – Friday from 8:00a – 5:00p, with a 1 hour meal break from 12:00p – 1:00p
- This position rarely requires OT, weekend shifts, or long hours
- This position is not required to travel
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Pay rate range will depend on experience.
The compensation package includes a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including: 403(b) plan with 200% employer matching; excellent health care coverage with free employee medical, dental and vision plans; company paid term life insurance; and a generous accrual of paid vacation and sick leave.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should apply on our career website located at (https://www.theapplicantmanager.com/careers?co=jc). Once on our website, click on the position title and scroll to the bottom of the page to begin the application process. Submissions missing either the cover letter or resume will not be considered for the position.