Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, the Regional Outreach Assistant is responsible for community engagement and outreach activities for participants enrolled in a health education program across Los Angeles and San Diego Counties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Below functions are not exhaustive and may be altered by Leadership to the extent it aligns with the position.)
- Conduct outreach to, orient, and enroll participants in a health education program
- Develop culturally and linguistically proficient program handouts
- Conduct and promote program workshops and services
- Promote the program through various outlets including electronic newsletters, social media, presentations, and outreach
- Manage referrals and provide culturally proficient services/case management to program participants
- Identify resources available through community programs and services for program participants
- Develop and support regional health-focused coalitions
- Assist with accurate and complete data management and program reporting
- Assist with general office tasks and upkeep
- Other projects as assigned by leadership
REQUIREMENTS OF QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
- Willingness to support and promote the NSDI mission and vision.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Must be punctual, with solid time-management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Flexible and able to retain new skills quickly and accurately.
- Must be resourceful and exhibit excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail with impeccable organizational skills
- Adhere to confidentiality mandates and professional conduct.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must be a motivated self-starter able to function both independently and effectively in a collegial manner with co-workers, and decision-makers.
- Ability to relate to the public and governmental agencies in a pleasant, patient, and professional manner.
- Ability to function independently and to work
- Ability to present information to public groups of varying ages effectively.
- Possess intermediate software skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite).
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License, automobile insurance, and a reliable personal vehicle and be willing to use it on the job (standard IRS mileage reimbursement provided).
- Bilingual in Arabic, Swahili, or French
- Interest in health advocacy and women's health
- Experience working with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to create engaging materials and presentations
WORKING CONDITIONS, LICENSES & JOB SETTING
- Full-time – 40 hours/week, $18.00 per hour.
- Work will be performed in community settings, remotely, and at NSDI headquarters in an office setting and requires electronic equipment, including a computer, telephone, etc.
- Flexibility in schedule, including scheduled weekends, when necessary.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal and telephone communication. Ability to sit for long periods, standing, computer entry, walking, repeated bending, lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs, reaching.
- NSDI promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety training for all personnel as required.
- Position includes domestic travel to meet with partners and stakeholders.
- Paid holidays after 6 months of employment; room to advance in the organization.
- Benefits after 90 days
Please apply to the job posting only. No phone calls or fax submission. We currently do not need the assistance of staffing agencies.
APPLY HERE: https://nilesisters.applytojob.com/apply/lugoWtbwbR/Regional-Outreach-Assistant