Resale Store Sales Associate
Reports to: Resale Store Manager
Summary: Under the direction of the Resale Store Manager, the Sales Associate performs a variety of store functions designed to increase store revenue, maximize the customer experience, ensure a timely flow of donated goods from intake to the sales floor, and assist in training volunteers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Customer Service: provide friendly, helpful and courteous assistance
- Donations: greet and assist patrons donating items; process items for sale in store
- Visual Displays and Housekeeping: display store items to maximize visual appeal and sales; maintain a clean environment in the store and stockroom
- Safety: maintain a safe environment for customers and employees
- Operate a Point of Sale system with accuracy, following proper opening and closing procedures
- Act as an ambassador; maintain a general knowledge of CRC programs and services
- Train volunteers in relevant practices and procedures
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- One year experience in customer service environment
- Prior experience with cash register/point of sale and/or retail sales experience preferred
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks
- Must be a team player
- Excellent communication skills, including active listening
- Must have 4 days of open availability during store business hours; flexible availability preferred
- Must be able to work at Encinitas, Carlsbad and San Marcos store locations
- High School diploma or GED
- Standing for extended periods; walking, bending, twisting, reaching
- Ability to use a computer and point of sale system, including repetitive use of a keyboard and mouse
- Lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Use of standard cleaning supplies
- Use of a step ladder
This position is part-time, non-exempt and is paid according to federal and state laws. Candidates selected for hire are required to undergo a LiveScan background screening.
Community Resource Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All employees must have the legal right to work in the United States without support; sponsorship is not available, nor is relocation assistance.
Candidates are invited to apply for the Resale Store Sales Associate position via indeed.com.