Seasonal (multiple positions available)
The Seasonal Educator at San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum (SDCDM) is responsible for leading our onsite daily programs that focus on broad topics of Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics.
- Support in all aspects of the implementation of onsite public programming.
- Model appropriate practices with young children and encourage learning through play.
- Encourage educational objectives throughout the museum experience.
- Work closely with the Education Manager: Camp & School Programs and Education Manager: Public Programs, as well as the Education Team in curriculum execution, feedback, and program management.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a formal, non-formal, or informal educational setting (including but not limited to: summer camps, after school programs, classroom teaching, etc.). Associate’s or Bachelor’s in Education, Child Development, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Has a passion and experience working with children from 0 – 10.
- Experience utilizing effective classroom/group management skills.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other office programs.
- Must be highly organized with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to function in a high energy team environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
- Flexible schedule Monday – Sunday; up to 30 hours/week (weekend availability required).
- Must have a passion for learning new things.
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter and résumé to:
Subject Line: Seasonal Educator
Once received, your résumé and submitted materials will be reviewed, and if your experience and background fit our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.