The San Diego Natural History Museum is seeking intuitive, reliable, attentive, detail-oriented individuals with strong communication and customer service skills as part-time/as-needed Security Officers. Security Officers are expected to uphold Museum rules and regulations by patrolling, observing, and reporting to the Facilities Supervisor and Senior Director of Operations. Security Officers are also expected to set the example for Museum safety and stellar customer service, and assist Museum guests, employees, and vendors during emergency situations.
Areas of responsibilities include:
- Patrol, observe, and report to Facilities Supervisor and Senior Director of Operations.
- Provide a high level of customer service and assistance to all Museum guests, staff, volunteers, and vendors.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of Museum policies and procedures, enforcing them with guests, staff, volunteers, and vendors as needed.
- Document daily actions and situations in a Daily Log.
- Respond to complaints and/or requests for assistance and evaluate appropriate course of action.
- Respond to emergency situations within and directly outside Museum (i.e. natural disasters, medical emergencies, etc.)
- Assist with building access and receiving/deliveries.
- Perform other duties assigned by Facilities Supervisor and Senior Director of Operations.
- Previous security experience at a cultural institution is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to maintain a professional and calm demeanor in a challenging, dynamic environment with all types of guests, staff, volunteers, and vendors.
- Strong communication skills with attention to detail.
- Must be able stand for long periods of time, respond quickly and communicate verbally for the majority of each shift.
- Ability to perform crowd control by providing clear guidance and direction
- Current Guard Card certification through BSIS
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
- Bilingual preferred
This is a part-time/as-needed position. Friday availability is currently highly desired.
Position pays $16/hour. Employees enjoy free admission into all of Balboa Park’s museums as well as free admission to the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls or drop-ins please.