Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: FT, Exempt
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
The Senior Director of Advancement Services is an integral member of Jewish Family Service’s dynamic Advancement Team, which works to raise the funds needed to meet the needs of more than 40,000 clients who receive life-changing services from JFS each year. JFS is committed to helping individuals and families in crisis move forward, while developing innovative strategies to beak cycles of poverty and strengthen our San Diego community. JFS provides critical food assistance, meal delivery, support for seniors, safe spaces for people living out of their vehicles, employment services and counseling.
The Director of Advancement Services reports to the Chief Development Officer and is responsible for supporting the Advancement division including Development, Institutional Giving and Marketing. The Director of Advancement Services is responsible for improving the donor and funder experience, increasing efficiency, and implementing best practices for advancement services. Areas of oversight include: gift processing; data integrity and integration, database management, prospect research, moves management oversight, and other related functions.
The Director supervises a growing advancement support staff including a database manager and two associates. The Director is responsible for developing development strategies in collaboration with individual and planned gift officers, grant proposal writers, program directors and leadership.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and improve the gift processing and reporting functions for Advancement.
- Ensure timely recording, receipting and acknowledgment of all gifts while offering systems support to internal stakeholders and ensure data is accurately recorded for seamless reconciliation of gift records to the general ledger. Ensure compliance and data security best practices are followed and implemented. Support audit inquiries.
- Oversee efforts related to the maintenance, management, use and analysis of data in Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge database and Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Improve and enhance practices around data integrity, to ensure adherence to best practices.
- The incumbent must have knowledge and experience in prospect research, wealth screenings, and campaign planning support.
- Provide leadership for advancement technology and systems integration with fundraising platforms.
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) using the Raisers Edge NXT database.
- Maintain effective communications with leadership and staff.
- Supervise Database Manager and Two Database Associates.
Skills/Abilities that are a Must-Have:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required, an advanced degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- have expertise in relational databases and in analyzing, modifying, implementing, and evaluating advancement programs and practices.
- have demonstrated knowledge of gift processing and administration, with a focus on outstanding customer service.
- have knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, rules and best practices in fundraising and philanthropy.
- Have experience implementing proactive methodologies to identify and qualify donor prospects with knowledge of current prospect research technology and databases.
- Have demonstrated experience conducting portfolio and pipeline analysis, assessing fundraising performance and managing prospect ratings.
- be a senior professional with years of increasing responsibility and experience in the philanthropic sector.
- Have prior supervisory experience and be a strong manager who is a self-starter, pays attention to details and follows through.
- Have the ability to manage several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Manifest a strong sense of fundraising ethics and respect for confidentiality of donor information.
- Be familiar with major gifts, institutional giving, planned giving, direct response, and digital platforms.
- Analyze and present data for measuring results.
- Be proficient at Microsoft Office products and experience with Raiser’s Edge.
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.