Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Senior Support Technician to join the IT Department at the headquarters in San Diego, California.
The Senior Support Technician monitors, manages, and resolves Service Desk incidents in accordance with IT Incident Management Procedures.
- Receives, manages, schedules, responds to customers, and troubleshoots support requests.
- Documents incidents, problems, interaction, and resolution within service desk application. Communicates status of problems to customers.
- Monitors and manages group and individual service desk queues. Reviews, prioritizes and assigns service requests to the appropriate group to perform the work requested, i.e. systems issues are directed to Network Services, SharePoint requests to SharePoint tech, and procurement for purchases based on evaluation of each request.
- Creates and administers employees and computer accounts in Active Directory. Provides support and information to customers on usage of key applications.
- Provides technical guidance and support services to the field offices. Installs and maintains desktop hardware, software, and peripherals. Records and manages hardware and software inventory. Images and distributes workstation computers to new and current employees as needed. Collaborates with the Network Support group to ensure efficient operation of desktop computing environment. Configures and administers the company VoIP and digital telephone system. Research new technology and telephony tools performs upgrades and routine system maintenance as needed. Configures and manages computer imaging software for all current computer models at HQ.
- Participates in projects including but not limited to implementing new IT technologies; Conducts research for desktop products in support of IT hardware procurement and development efforts. Writes technical specifications for purchases. Participates in developing long-term strategies, performs analysis and capacity planning to anticipate and meet future customer hardware needs. Evaluates and recommends products for purchase. Works closely with and manages vendors and/or consultants providing technology services to Global Communities.
- Maintains IT support reference library. Develops and maintains an up-to-date inventory of all customer IT assets.
- Plans for and organizes testing software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will improve productivity of customers.
- Provides 24 x 7 on-call and on-site support as needed to maintain uptime in the production environment. Travels on behalf of the Company on an as needed basis.
- Undertakes other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
POSITION SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Domestic travel may be required to support the completion of IT projects and/or provide in-country program office support (approximately 5% annually).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office, Office 365 Suite and Applications. Expert knowledge of PC Software/Hardware installation, troubleshooting and repair.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and sound judgment. Proven ability to make critical, timely and sound decisions based on accurate judgment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations and follow established guidelines and instructions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English, written and oral. Abilities in a second language preferred.
- Accuracy, attention to detail.
- Ability to work on an on-call basis.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and ability to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard.
- Bachelor’s degree and four years’ related IT experience; or eight years related IT experience.
- A+, MCP or equivalent IT professional certification preferred.
- Experience in customer support using industry standard service desk applications, such as, Manage Engine Service Desk required.
- Experience with industry standard software deployment solution and Microsoft Active Directory preferred.
- Experience supporting a remote workforce using mobile device management and remote access technology, such as Microsoft 365 Intune preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A passion for the mission and values of Global Communities.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
Global Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.