Looking for a fulfilling career? Community Interface Services is looking for an organized and supportive staff person to coach a small group of people with developmental disabilities to become fully involved in the community. Assist in following a busy schedule volunteering in the community while also working with each person individually on their goals towards independence. Spend each day teaching community skills like safety, social interactions, communication, job readiness and maintenance. Also participate in recreational activities - have fun while making a difference!
A day on the job might look something like this: Pick up 3 clients from their homes. As a group go to volunteer sites at a local elementary school and community center to do light cleaning and office work. Enjoy lunch with the group at a neighborhood park. You end the day working on individual client objectives at the library. Drop the clients off back at their homes. Each group follows a unique schedule tailored to the preferences and needs of the clients.
Whether your degree is in social work, communication, childhood development, psychology, sociology, or another major, we are more than willing to consider you. If you don't have a bachelors degree, any sort of related experience to education, social services, or helping others can be substituted in lieu of a degree. Our main requirement for this position is a genuine interest in helping others. Pay is $16-$18/hr, depending on education and experience, and work hours are usually during the day (typically 9am-3pm). Lunch is taken with clients, which allows for an additional hour of pay per day on top of daily compensation. Additional compensation provided for picking up/dropping off clients and mileage is reimbursed.
Key responsibilities include:
· Assess skills and help people identify their dreams and goals
· Use creative teaching strategies to help people learn job, communication, and social skills
· Help people communicate with others in their lives to develop stronger relationships and support systems
· Assess and document progress
Excellent career growth opportunities and benefits, including:
· Paid training and pay increase after successful completion of initial six month training
· Medical/dental/vision/life insurance
· Optional leadership development program – promotion and pay increase after successful completion
· Retirement plans
· Paid time off and paid holidays
· A supportive, friendly, and fun culture!
The ideal candidates will have:
· A creative and flexible approach to work and a positive, can-do attitude
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· A strong work ethic, high integrity, and reliability
Full time positions with excellent benefits and extensive paid training are available immediately in the Oceanside, Carlsbad, Escondido, and Poway areas of San Diego. To be considered right away, please visit our website and apply now: https://communityinterfaceservices.isolvedhire.com/jobs/
Pay starts at: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour