Looking for a fulfilling career? Community Interface Services is hiring staff to support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to learn work skills, build their independence, and achieve their dreams. This role will give you a chance to truly make a major difference in many people's lives. We consider applicants with bachelors degrees of all sorts. So whether your degree is in social work, communication, childhood development, psychology, sociology, or another major, we are more than willing to consider you. If you don't have a bachelors degree, any sort of related experience to education, social services, or helping others can be substituted in lieu of a degree. Our main requirement for this position is a genuine interest in helping others!
What You'll Do:
· Spend your time 1:1 with artists, musicians, athletes, dancers, authors, comedians, and other extremely talented and amazing people
· Assess skills, be an advocate, and help people with intellectual/developmental disabilities identify their dreams and reach their goals
· Use creative teaching strategies to help people learn job, communication, and social skills
· Help people communicate with others in their lives to develop stronger relationships and support systems
· Assess and document progress
Why You'll Love Community Interface Services:
· Excellent career growth opportunities and benefits, including:
· Paid training and pay increase after successful completion of initial six month training
· Over 40 hours of paid training prior to working 1:1 with clients
· Medical/dental/vision/life insurance
· Optional leadership development program – promotion and pay increase after successful completion
· Retirement plans
· Paid time off and paid holidays
· Flexible schedule
· Company Laptop
· A supportive, friendly, and fun culture!
Ideal candidates will have:
· A creative and flexible approach to work and a positive, can-do attitude
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· A strong work ethic, high integrity, and reliability
Full time positions with excellent benefits and extensive paid training are available immediately in San Diego County. Starting Pay is $16.00-$18.00 / hour, depending on education and experience, and work hours are usually during the day (9am-6pm).
To be considered right away, please visit our website and submit an application at https://communityinterfaceservices.isolvedhire.com/jobs/