Help Children with Special Needs – rewarding work, flexible schedule, leading agency
Would you like to make a difference while working a flexible schedule at a respected organization? At Home of Guiding Hands, we improve quality of life for people with developmental disabilities, and we are one of the largest service providers in San Diego. As an SLP, you’ll complete evaluations and provide in-home therapy services for young children who may have developmental delays.
We have provided services for people with disabilities for over 50 years, and are well-known throughout San Diego County. We have positively impacted thousands of people with special needs and their families, and are one of the largest employers in East County.
- Voted one of the Top Workplaces 2019 in the San Diego Union Tribune
- Ongoing training
- Constant growth provides opportunities for you to work with a variety of clients
- Experienced managers that provide regular supervision so you’ll feel supported and valued
- Employee Recognition Program celebrates employee contributions with gift cards and prizes
- Regular employee activities to socialize with coworkers and have fun
- Masters and/or Doctorate in Speech Pathology,
- Current California SLP license from an ASHA-accredited university
- Minimum 1 year of experience working as an SLP
- Minimum 1 year of pediatrics experience (0-5 years old).
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Rewarding work
- Flexible schedule
- No hiring costs - we pay for your fingerprinting, CPR training, TB test, etc.
- $25 monthly reimbursement for using your own phone for work or company smartphone provided
- $0.56/mile reimbursement for approved mileage
- $250 - $500 reimbursement for external CEUs and access to free CEU library
- Reimbursement for licensing fees (partial or full reimbursement depending on PT or FT status)
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Vacation cash-out – get cash for your unused hours
- iPad provided
- Paid travel time between appointments
To apply online, visit our website at www.guidinghands.org/careers