The Summit Assistant will assist in the planning, organizing, and execution of IVAT’s summits. The Summit Assistant is part of the Professional Training and Summits Division within IVAT.
The successful candidate will be dedicated to providing high quality service to all constituencies of the Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma. S/he will exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical principles and will be committed to the tenets of IVAT's Mission and Vision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with agencies and organizations, contractors, presenters, and participants as needed
- Coordination of Summit planning committees including maintaining databases, updating rosters, completing meeting agenda and minutes
- Assist in coordinating speaker logistics including travel and schedules for summits/trainings
- Manage details of training and summit events, including developing and updating files and records
- Report and provide feedback on the progress of projects as needed
- Perform summit related clerical duties such as data entry, filing, updating of Summit Division manual etc.
- Serve as an information resource for summit presenters; process presenter submission, acceptances, program placement, and maintain accurate and up to date speaker correspondence throughout each summit.
- Serve as an information resource for summit attendees
- Collect, organize and edit materials needed for the summit programs
- During summits and trainings, provide support for set-up, on-site registration, bookstore, and all tasks involved to ensure a smooth and successful event
- Other duties may include soliciting videos for display at the summit, processing summit/training scholarships, and assisting with volunteer registrations
- Other duties as assigned by the Meeting & Event Manager and/or Chief Executive Officer
High school graduate, some college preferred
One year related experience required in administrative duties in a professional office environment
Knowledge of office administration
Knowledge of basic office software (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
Effective organizational skills
Effective written, verbal, and listening communication skills
Effective customer service skills
Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
Effective stress management techniques
Effective time management techniques
Ability to lift up to 35 pound boxes
Working knowledge of advanced planning; ability to initiate tasks and projects
Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
Demonstrate sound work ethics
Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
Ability to maintain confidentiality of records, files, and information related to IVAT services
Ability to follow established procedures and guidelines
Ability to successfully work individually and as a team member
Ability to effectively interface with the public within an organization at all professional levels including staff
Ability to compromise a desired outcome
Ability to effectively communicate verbally, in writing and electronically
Ability to prioritize work tasks and maintain a productive workload
Ability to utilize sound judgement for problem solving; knowledge to know when to consult a supervisor
Prior knowledge in the fields of violence, abuse and trauma.
Committed to the mission and vision of IVAT as a social change organization.
Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
Valid California driver license at time of hire.
Sensitive to cultural diversity and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds; proven ability to work effectively as a team player; highly motivated, focused and results oriented. Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times. Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines, and maintain composure under high stress conditions. Ability to be optimistic, positive, and supportive in all interactions with others. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Background Check: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Anti-discrimination Policy: IVAT prohibits discrimination in employment and in its educational programs and activities, including admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or associational preference.
IVAT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IVAT will conduct its programs, service and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
This policy is governed by Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972 Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.