SDVLP is seeking a Supervising Attorney (minimum of five years of family law experience) to lead our Family Law Team of talented and passionate advocates. Our family law programs include the Vision for Justice Collaborative, which provides family law assistance to immigrant and refugee survivors of domestic violence, our Shriver Custody Program, which provides legal assistance to low-income San Diegans in child custody cases, and our court-based domestic violence clinics, which provide legal help to survivors of domestic violence seeking restraining orders against their abusers.
Job duties include:
- Working as an integral part of SDVLP's leadership team to manage the day-to-day activities of our family law programs and court-based domestic violence restraining order clinics;
- Supervising the work of staff attorneys representing low-income San Diegans on a variety of family law matters;
- Overseeing the mentoring, training, and work of pro bono attorneys providing representation to SDVLP clients, and working collaboratively within the organization to support efforts to recruit pro bono attorneys;
- Representing SDVLP and its important work in the community by performing outreach to the legal community and to social service providers;
- As a member of the leadership team, assisting with grant reporting for our family law programs and with applying for funding to support our work.
Our team is collegial, supportive, and committed to providing top-quality legal services to indigent, vulnerable San Diegans. No billable hours requirement.
Minimum qualifications include admission to practice law in California, at least five years of family law experience, a commitment to SDVLP’s mission of connecting poor and vulnerable clients with pro bono attorneys, excellent mentorship skills, and excellent communication skills. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required unless a legal exemption applies. Salary range is $95,000 - $105,000 DOE. Medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and sick, annual leave, and holiday pay provided. SDVLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three professional references to email@example.com . No phone calls please.