San Diego Humane Society is hiring a Full-Time Support Services Project Coordinator for our San Diego Campus!
Apply at our careers page: https://www.sdhumane.org/about-us/careers/open-positions.html?p=job%2FoEsKffwP
SUMMARY: The Support Services team contributes to the San Diego Humane Society in a variety of ways that span areas such as technology, construction, purchasing and facilities. The team as a whole undertakes a variety of complex as well as more straightforward projects. Under the oversight of the Support Services Project Manager, the Support Services Project Coordinator will contribute to this effort by gathering and employing information, equipment and resources in support of project objectives. Primary duties include developing plans, coordinating with various departments and campus locations, communicating status, identifying and communicating project issues or risks and following up on deliverables from others as well as completing assigned tasks. The Project Coordinator’s primary goal is to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards. The role performs these functions both independently as well as in partnership with internal departments across SDHS and in partnership with third parties as projects require.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Gather Project Requirements:
- Act as a liaison between various departments within SDHS to define and document improvement opportunities, documenting needs, evaluating process and technology solutions and to partner with business and technology teams. To recommend and implement process and technology/software improvements.
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management.
- Research solutions to business challenges as requested, e.g. software capabilities, process change options, training etc..
- Develop detailed requirements documents related to business processes in the normal course of business, related to improvement opportunities or as a part of larger upgrade/implementation projects.
- Document process flowcharts as needed.
Project Management & Execution:
- Develop and maintain project tracking documents, including project requirements, timelines, owners etc.
- Communicate professionally with project or process stakeholders regarding status, risks, timelines etc. Tailor all communication to the audience.
- Manage smaller projects and perform as individual contributor on more complex larger scale projects.
- Work with Project Manager to develop and adhere to project documentation standards including tasks, timelines, requirements documents, meeting notes, deliverables etc.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings where appropriate. Capture minutes and document/assign identified tasks.
- Work with the Project Manager to resolve challenges and remove roadblocks.
- Follow up directly with subject matter experts for clarification or information when needed.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, guests, and vendors/partners.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and commitment to seeing projects through to completion.
- Provide administrative support as needed, specifically maintaining project documentation and training/”how to” documentation, generally in MindTouch or MS365.
- Be present at each campus on a regular basis in order to understand project needs and meet with staff to build strong collaboration across the organization.
Exemplifies San Diego Humane Society’s Core Values:
- Shows compassion for people and animals
- Has the courageto make tough decisions and take smart risks
- Seeks out ways to make an impactfor animals and people
- Cultivates inclusionby embracing diversity and promoting equity
- Leads with integrity and treats everyone with respect
Participates in creating a thriving Culture of Philanthropy at San Diego Humane Society by:
- Being knowledgeable and supportive of Society programs
- Sharing their passion for service to animals, people, and our community with our guests
- Serving as an inspiration to all guests by providing an exemplary level of animal care and guest service
- Being able to communicate a compelling case for support that demonstrates the impact of philanthropy on San Diego Humane Society
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
SALARY: This is a non-exempt position that starts at a rate of $20.83 per hour. Salary is commensurate with experience.
EDUCATION, SKILL, EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in business management, project management, operations management, or other related field required with a minimum of three (3) years work experience in business analysis, project management, process improvement functional areas, or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience participating in or leading project teams e.g. process improvement, new process rollout, SOP development etc. Candidate should be comfortable working independently, willing to learn and seek guidance when uncertain about next steps or direction to take. Strong verbal and written communications skills are required. Ability to listen to and translate user or departmental needs is critical. Must be organized, detailed and committed to follow-up. Must be comfortable with multiple and changing priorities. Valid California Driver’s License and good driving record are required, as job requires local travel to multiple campuses.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and repetitively use hands to operate computers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office environment, with exposure to environmental conditions that include working near animals, in computer rooms, in and around construction sites. Some automobile travel may be required between SDHS locations. Occasionally may require night or weekend hours to support SDHS initiatives or events.