The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is seeking a part-time Ticketing Representative. This person will be responsible for processing, printing, and mailing for the Balboa Park Explorer program and maintaining a high level of customer service – both written and verbal – with Balboa Park guests, organizations and stakeholders. While not required, experience in a ticketing system, POS system, and/or customer service, is a plus. This role will work in an office environment that follows COVID-19 safety guidelines as established by the County, State, and CDC. Interaction with guests in-person is limited.
The Ticketing Representative will report to the Ticketing Manager. Duties include:
- Processing and mailing online, mail, and phone orders of the Balboa Park Explorer Annual, Limited, and Parkwide Passes.
- Inputting data and maintaining a clean and consistent database in Tessitura as outlined by the Ticketing Manager.
- Responding to questions via LiveChat, email, and phone from customers and partner organizations and solving customer service issues.
- Regularly checking inventory and report needs to the Ticketing Manager in a timely manner.
- Maintaining Explorer technology (kiosks, scanners, printers) including troubleshooting issues, cleaning equipment, and replacing equipment.
- Reconciling daily batches.
- Renewal courtesy calls.
The Ticketing Representative is an entry-level role and experience in customer service or a box office environment and ticketing system (preferably Tessitura) is a plus, not a requirement. Ticketing Representatives will:
- Demonstrate values of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in their work and interactions with others.
- Be proficient, or able to learn, technology (hardware and software) and database operation.
- Practice thoughtfulness and care especially when mediating customer service situations.
- Have the ability to prioritize tasks and meet completion goals as set by the Ticketing Manager.
- Be comfortable working with minimal supervision and ensure accurate data input.
- Be a team player – Work as part of a dynamic team, in an open office environment, and easily adapt to change to ensure organizational goals are met or exceeded.
- Be an ambassador for the “One Park – One Team” philosophy, a positive attitude is a must.
Additional experience in the following a plus:
- Balboa Park organizations
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION
Position type: Part-time, 24 hours a week, non-exempt. Hourly rate is $14. Current schedule needed: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 8:30am – 5:00pm.; based on needs and availability there may be an opportunity for additional hours including holidays and weekends. Perks include discounts at select Balboa Park restaurants, shops, and free admission to member museums.
Submit a resume and letter of interest addressing how you meet the above qualifications – all in .PDF format – via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Explorer Ticketing Rep: [Insert your first initial and last name]” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Interviews will be conducted over the phone and Zoom. Position will be open until filled.