The San Diego Natural History Museum Visitor Services department is seeking an experienced, full-time Visitor Services Coordinator (VSC) to assist with running daily, frontline admissions operations and providing superior customer service to Museum guests at our Admissions Desk, Theater, Museum and exhibit entries.
This position requires Friday through Tuesday availability as well as holiday availability. The San Diego Natural History Museum is not open on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day.
- Running a multi-associate floor schedule by assessing floor needs assigning tasks as necessary, and monitoring to ensure a smooth and efficient for both guests and staff. Daily opening and closing procedures which include ensuring the Museum floor is prepared, work stations are stocked, signage is properly displayed, daily sales are reconciled and a daily deposit is properly prepared.
- Provide consistent and excellent customer service to guests, members, staff, and all other visitors that may come into the Museum.
- Communicating with other Museum departments as needed.
- Providing training, guidance, and support to Visitor Services Associates and fellow VSCs by providing the most current information on Museum exhibitions, films, and events as well as Visitor Services department processes and procedures.
- Stationed at the Admission Desks providing assistance to guests in person, over the phone, or via email
- Stationed at the entrance of exhibitions monitoring capacity, checking tickets, and directing guests (if applicable).
- Stationed at the Museum’s giant-screen theater, checking tickets, assisting guests with seating, andsanitizing theater seating between films.
- Encourage guests to maintain COVID safety guidelines.
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- 3+ years of credit card/cash handling sales
- 1+ years of coaching or leading other associates
- CRM database and/or ticketing software knowledge
- Strong math aptitude
- Ability to work and collaborate with a team
- Comfortable with public speaking and leading a small group
- Comfortable dealing with a wide array of guests and customer service situations
- In compliance with the San Diego Natural History Museum’s mandatory vaccination policy, the Museum requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Accommodations based on medical and religious exemptions will be considered.
Experience working with Altru
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
This is a full-time, regular position with benefits such as health insurance, vacation, 14 paid holidays, free admission into all of Balboa Park’s museums as well as free admission to the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park.
The position pays $18.00/hour.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Deadline to apply is November, 26th.